Depressed and anxious I can’t cope anymore

Posted , 4 users are following.

My anxiety has got the better of me. I have been suffering from headaches for over a year now, been referred to a neurologist and had an mri scan, apart from fluid in my mastiods my doctor isnt worried. I am 99% sure that my anxiety is causing all this, i have a sore neck all the time and this evening i have found a little bump right at the bottom of my skull on my right side that was sore, and i pressed it hard to try and massage it and it disappeared and now i am scared i have done something terrible and made things worse. My anxiety is ruining my life now, i have tried counselling and meds but my mind is more powerful. I dont want to see anyone, or go out and im only 25. Can anyone reassure me i havent done something to make my headaches worse or damaged myself?! I feel like i cant cope anymore 😦

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hello. i am 24 and going through the same thing. started having these weird headaches 3 months ago that last all day and my vision has changed and i always feel tingly.. doctor said its anxiety but i dont believe it 😦 im terrified i have a brain tumor but cant afford a MRI anytime soon..

• Posted

Is there any chance you could grind your teeth? A third of people who do, don't even realise it, because they usually do it when asleep. It is a very common symptom of anxiety and is a big contributor to headaches, neck and shoulder pain. I am wondering if the lump was a bursa and you massaged the fluid out of it. I don't think it is anything to worry about. When people talk about having knots being massaged, they are usually referring to bursae which are usually caused by friction. Was the lump painful in a dull achy way?

• Posted

yes it did hurt in an achy way, kind of like it was a muscle strain or something??

• Posted

hello there ive been feeling the same way for about 3 years now ive been to doctors countless times and had bloods,ecg's,been to chiropractors tried all sorts to get rid of my headaches but nothing seems to ease it i keep convincing myself i have a tumor or something i always feel ill all the time which makes me worry even more im only 28 i can see where your coming from doctors have diagnosed me with anxiety and depression tried to put me on medication but i refuse. dont want to be on that for the rest of my life anxiety is a horrible thing and the mind is a powerful thing can make you think all sorts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.