depressed and not sure what to do

Posted , 2 users are following.

i first noticed some white dots on my labia minora in august 2021. i saw a gp who dismissed it as fordyce (sp?) spots? there was no pain or itching, i only noticed because i was getting ready for a laser appointment and happened to see them. as they weren't bothering me, i accepted what she said and forgot about them.imageimage

periodically i would check the area and noticed the dots had turned into patches. i now have white patches on an area of my labia minora and have noticed a stinging sensation when i wipe. its unpleasant and i am terrified this is the beginning of something debilitating and deteriorating. does this sound like LS? no other itching or discharge etc. just the patches and the stinging. i am feeling pretty down about it, i am 42 (almost 43) and suddenly feel like i have the private parts of an old lady. this feels very unfair.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Yes it could be an LS patch and the stinging could be from the urine hitting the skin when peeing. You can try a biopsy to diagnose for certain if it is. It would be so much better for you to find out asap before you lose any structure when the menopause hits in. Work on your routine now so you can delay any major changes. Just keep in mind that the go to treatment is an extremely high steroid oint and some of us in the LS world have a theory that the steroid may have sped up the architecture loss, thats not to say its true but I for one felt it did.

Don't worry too much but I do get the trauma of when you first suspect it is Ls and trying to imagine all sorts of scenarios. Many of us live with it and can find ways to manage the symptoms. For now try a peri bottle to douche your vulva after having a wee and it will stop that stinging, dab dry only. Best of luck with your diagnosis and hopefully it isn't LS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.