Depressed and sleep deprived

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am currently waiting to see a ent. I have been to a few doctors who prescribed me serc and Zofran. I have had vertigo for a few months now. At first, it was all the time but now it is coming in waves daily. I get severe vertigo, lightheadedness, tinnitus, nausea and I have not been able to sleep in a few days. Laying down is horrible. I get hit with vertigo so bad and I almost fall when I stand up. I am so tired. I can not sleep on my side or even flat. I am so tired and depressed. sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Try sleeping in a recliner chair that's what I been doing for about two years now cause I know better than to lay in a bed!

• Posted

Oh, Lianne.  I feel so sorry for you..  The long wait to see your ENT and the constant vertigo must be excruciating.  Are you on any sedative?  If not, please consider asking your regular doctor for something like Ativan...1mg/3 times a day.  Ativan will help calm the nerves in your ears from sending "bad" signals to the brain which causes vertigo.  It will also calm you down all over so you can function better.  Initially Ativan will make you drowsy which should help you sleep.

Best of luck to you and let us know how you are doing....we care about you!

• Posted

Hi Tanney,

Thank you for the advice. I will see my Doctor and ask her.

• Posted

I went to my Doctor she gave me Ativan for a week. It worked so well, I actually had a life. Too bad she won't give me any more. She says it is not good for long term use sad

• Posted

Lianne, You need to start trying things that help , no salt, plenty water, betahistamine , blind walking, head turning. This disease is something you must fight with all you have , and watch the depression because it goes with a large percent of the cases. I wish someone could have helped me initially 21/2 years ago. Stay informed be Proactive with all aspects menniers and depression this disease is life changing , but early intervention is extremely important. All of us are here to help cause we know this story.
    • Posted

Hi James,

Thank you for your help. I will look into those treatments.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.