Depressed bf thinks he doesn’t love me

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello i am seeking for help rn because i am in a really bad mental situation

so lets start off.Well me and my bf are together from 2 years and i love him with my whole heart but 1 month ago he decided he wanted to break up because he had lost feelings but 2 weeks later he came back and told me he loved me and that he wants me so we got back together but he started acting strange (he has a lot of problems with his parents and that why i think he is depressed) I dis my research and a lot of people experiance this when their partner is depressed,but one day he loves me and says he is afraid of loosing me and the other day he says he doesnt think he loves me anymore or that he doesnt want to fight for our relationship and rn i want to help him with this state because he was never like this and i know he loves me and he is just confused but i really need advice rn on the whole situation.I will appreciate it with my life.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi ralitsa, i think it sounds like the depression your boyfriend has is doing all the talking. i think when you partner is depressed you need support too. you could speak to your doctor about this because he's making your mental health bad too. if you get the depression under control with your partner you can tell whether it's his depression or not. good luck! x

• Posted

Hi ralitsa1313

Yes, It sounds like your boyfriend is suffering from depression or some sort of issues.

The only thing you can do in this scenario is try and motivate him to work through his issues (with the help of a professional) and support him.

All the best

TruckerM

• Posted

Reassure him that you love him and will always be there for him. He needs assurance that you care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.