Depressed for 4 years can't go on

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have been depressed for 4 years after break up with ex of 20 years I still thinking of the past all the time I have had a month were I felt OK and started doing things and going places but then bag back came the thinking of my past my ex and all I used to have everything I look at it think of her or the past I am on Meds and seeing someone for talking sessions I am staying with my best friend but I still thinking of past . and I am frighten because I can't live like this no more and can't cope I still want to live but can't go on I am living in the past with only one way out .

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

DO NOT EVER GIVE UP!

Your mental pain is understandable.

The past can haunt us and cause us depression and the future can frighten us with anxiety, the safe place is NOW, the present moment.

Nothing has ever happened in the past nor will it ever happen in the future, everything happened and that is yet to happen has and will happen in the present moment.

On that basis you need to regain control of your thoughts and focus on the present moment, meditate if it helps.

There is a book that changed my life from chronic depression and anxiety by Eckhart Tollé called 'The Power of Now' I recommend you read it.

Talk with your doctor and tell them how bad you are feeling.

Talk to the Samaritans

Do things that make you happy

Try a new hobby

Meet new people

But...

DO NOT EVER GIVE UP !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.