Depressed for almost a year life feels like nothing

Posted , 4 users are following.

Too much pain this time no energy to get better rather it just takes hold

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I know where you are coming from, Kelly. Depression and anxiety and feeling numb are so hard. Try and hang in there and take each day as it comes - small steps, that's my approach these days! 
    • Posted

It just feels like if I start having a positive approach wham something else will happen ...too much has been taken from me my dad a guy I really cared about feels like someone is playing a game with my life and having a joke around with it
    • Posted

hi kelly. i heart goes out to u. i understand your sorrow as i lost both parents within a short time frame.

is there a possibility thay someone can help u get some breavement counselling. unresolved grief can take over one's life. it's important to share your feeling with someone who understand the pain/sorrow & feeling of loss & void that can follow a breavement. these feelings need processing.

healing thoughts to u.

Caitlin

• Posted

Bless you. So many of us know what you are going through - on occasions when my life has been going well - I begin to panic that something bad will happen. I lost my Mum nearly 10 years ago and it was incredibly hard to move forwards with life, took me several years to make peace with life without her. You will do it, it just takes time. 
    • Posted

I'm running on empty just nothing the energy to take care of myself has gone
  • Posted

Focus on one small task each day and aim to achieve it, something practical like eating one meal, even if the other two are just cereal. Good luck x 
  • Posted

Hi Kelly, BLESS you....I know how hard it is, but it really will get easier, time is a great healer....my mum who sadly had suffered for many years with Brain damage....died when I was seven months pregnant with my first son, I was heartbroken....then eighteen months later my dad died on the day I came out of hospital, after suffering many years of pain, operations, and a terrible cancer that had reached his brain...I had come home that day, and went straight to see him,, I had given birth to beautiful twin sons, he never got to see them, he was such a good, kind, intelligent and much loved man, I miss them both so much even now, but I am sure that they are here with me all of the time...I know for certain.!!! that my mother is, she is always throwing things around....

I know that it is awful and life feels empty at the moment,..but they are ALWAYS, always, always with you....

you may not think it now, but you will think of happy , fun filled times...and you know that the very last thing that they would want is for you to feel so lost and grieve so much for them....

please, please, please take care, you must see. your gp and get some help for your depression, and maybe counselling if you feel up to it or want it.... big, big, big hugs to you, in my thoughts...take care...Deirdre xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.