depressed for months and not getting any better!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi there was wondering if anyone could cast a light on depression and how to get yourself motivated again...i was prescribed mirtizapane for about 4 months and didnt get along with them at all ..i have now been prescribed venalfaxine 37.5 time release.....my problem is i know antidepressents arnt the answer they are just meant to help you through..but nothing seems to be working for me...its up to me to change my head which i am having terrible trouble doing...i lack motivation and dont seem to care about anything anymore as in my flat myself or really anything...i wish i had an on switch that i could switch on as i am really fed up of feeling this way...can anyone advise on anything positive i can do to get myself back as i really do not want to feel like this forever...any answers would be really appreciated thank you

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lesley, Depression is bad... you know that you are depressd and are now reaching out for help and that is difficult enough for you to understand let alone any Doctors or Psycs, it is a funny world we now live in, we are all in our boxes, looking out boxes (windows) entertained via boxes (TV) and computers, all you can do is live in this moment and know that this phase of your life will not last forever, ( you werent always depressed ) and you will one day find that suddenly the thoughts you have now will be history... its true believe me on this, if your sitting in your flat with no-one to talk to thats not gong to change by itself, Please just try and change 1 thing in your life reach out to a group near you please do it today, ask your doc surgery about any community thing and just try, I would really reccomend that you try Yoga, I know ppl may laugh at this suggestion, it might work for you, who knows, mabey a writing course an art course any 1 thing will mabey give you back the passion for life that you sound like you so need right now. this moment, I dont know you but know this I CARE ABOUT YOU.  I too suffer and know when that little voice that keeps me right just up and leaves you with nothing absalutely nothing to give, ive been there and Yoga was the last thing on my mind, I up and walked there to the class, and it is helping.. I am not happy I am on Mrt and the only thing i can complain about is i know they would make me obese if i dont watch out, but I am not going to stop for a vanity reasons, no way, My Older Brother was Murdered in 1996, my Beautiful Baby Brother took his own life in 1998, then 2 years ago my amazing Dad done the same as my younger Brother, I dont even trust the world anymore as a result, forget any of my badly abused childhood, that all paled by comparison and I was there on the edge for a long time, and didnt tell anyone how i felt, one day after doing Yoga i heard the little me in my head say well done, and that is where i am just putting one step after another with 1 plan in mind.

Do something today and know you will not feel like this forever.

Love N Light to you in a non religious way just me to you, try reach out tell the small you in your heart, head or soul to do something today.

Love carina xxxx Hugs you big time xxxx

• Posted

thank you so carina for your reply..in reading what you have been through makes me humble for moaning so much respect to you for finding yourself via yoga and getting on with it after so much trauma....thank you so much for your reply it means so much to me that someone took the time to reply..i will take what you said on board many thanks...and lots of love and light back to you you lovely person you  ..hugs too   xxx
  • Posted

Lesley and Carina,you two lovely ladies make me feel very fortunate to be in this group.

Lesley I am so sorry that you feel your meds. are not working for you.

How long have you been on Venalfaxine?

As some of the antidepressants take at least a couple of weeks to give any benefit perhaps you need to take them for a bit longer.

Also you may still have some Mirtazapine in your body and be experiencing some withdrawal from this.

We are all different and what works for one person may not be any good at all for another.

If you feel that the new medication is not helping perhaps you should see your doctor again Lesley.

Some good advice from Carina which I shall try to take on board my self.

I find meditation helps to clear my mind and as I walk my dog every day I feel fresh air and some excersise  helps.

I keep you in my thoughts Lesley and you have made the first step by posting.

Lots of good folk here who will be able to offer some advice.

Please know you are not alone.

xx

• Posted

Dear Lesley, you don't mention friends or family, or even neighbours, and I think this might be what is lacking. I suffer with anxiety and need company sometimes. I even go to the supermarket occasionally when I haven't spoken to anyone all day. Can you make contact with friends? I am listening to the Mindfulness tapes because I believe they help. I do take Mirtazapine and would like to get off it aysap.

You sound determined to improve, so I guess Mindfulness is just what you need. Ask your GP to refer you to it first. Good luck.

• Posted

thank you everyone for your kind replies..yes i live alone and have no famiily..hae become very withdrawn as in dont even want to talk to anyone or even answer my phone its a lovely day but in my flat i really hope that this awful journey ends soon its been nine months now and as you all know it is very waring beng tense and depressed all the time so thanks for the positive folks and kind thoughts to you all..xx
    • Posted

i Lesley,I just wondered how things are now with you? its been a while and I really hope you are in a different place ( a better one in your life right now ) i came off the drugs completely and waiting for psychiatrist to medicate me as i seem to have exhausted all types of psychological help available, I self referd  my self to a centre in Edinburgh for PTSD and it was a complete fail..they began with buddhist approach !! so immediately thought (oh I'm going to be judged by my last life actions here now?) i doubt they were even qualified to be talking about buddhism. rolleyes this is what I'm up against.. hope it made you smile at least. cxc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.