Depressed for over 2 years, drinking heavily for the past 8 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been depressed for over 2.5 yrs now and for the past 8 months I am drinking very heavily(360 ml of Vodka every alternate day), I am 27 years of age, please tell me how much time will I leave, this life is a mere burden for me.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you.  I've been there. Drinking is not the answer as I know from personal experience.  It may ease your anxiety for a short time, but it will only depress you further as it is a recognised depressant. You're 27, so have a whole life ahead of you, just waiting for you to start enjoying. Please go to your GP and be honest about your situation. It was THE best thing I ever did. I'll be honest It's a hard journey, but use this forum to help. Please go to your GP as there is help out there, promise. Take care
    • Posted

Hana, how much time(years/months) will I have to struggle if I continue drinking at the same rate ? another couple of years or maybe less? 
    • Posted

I can assure you that for as long as you keep drinking, you will continue to struggle, and your depression will get worse. It is a vicious cycle that only you can break. Do you think you are dependent on the alcohol, or has it become 'what you do' to cope? 
    • Posted

Hana, I am dependent on alcohol. Can you please tell me in how much time will I DIE if I don't stop drinking because I see it as the only way to put an end to my pain and suffering.
    • Posted

Sweetheart, I can't give you an answer to how long, because everyone is different and individual as to their body and how it processes any drug, such as alcohol. I understand completely that you want an end to pain and suffering. Horrific things have happened to me in my life, but dying through abuse of alcohol will be slow, undignified and physically excruciating. Organs in your body will cause pain as they begin to shut down, and liver failure is a cruel way to die. You're 27 and whatever has happened to you to cause this desperate state CAN become bearable, with the right help. Please, please make the appointment to see  your doctor TODAY and please keep talking to me. I genuinely want and will try and help you if you'll let me. 
    • Posted

Hana, I was on medication for 3 months but it didn't work for me. Attended a number of counselling sessions but again result was same. I just think that the pain and suffering will only end when I die.
  • Posted

self medication by drinking will not help in the long run.  Have you tried contacting alcoholics anonymous in London  They could point you in the right direction.

Richard

• Posted

Good advice Richard. I just hope our friend gives it a go. It's so hard to say the 'right' things to say to help. Life is never easy and straightforward is it!
  • Posted

thks hana for the complement.  I hope things work out vaimittal.

Richard

• Posted

I know how you feel you just want the pain to stop but we also dont know what is at the other end waiting for us ,i did feel calm when i saw the circle of light but i guess it wasnt my time to go thats why im here,and to leave your loved ones is only passing your pain to them ,what ever you have been doing in life change it change job friends daily routeen as it is just not working for you ,when i was in hospital i was lucky i had a nurse councel for me as if time was no object she didnt even get bored but understood me so you need to find the right help and having someone close to you is good as alcohol just drives people away they just dont want to be around a alcoholic so your friends will be few and not true maybe just other drinkers who will only make you carry on as you are ,please dont give up there is a life out there you have just chosen the wrong path but its not too late to get on the right one ,please dont give up ,travel change country if need be join a voulenteer group to help abroad so you can travel just change your life style you can make your life happy you dont need to suffer ,start reading the book called the secret its helped me lots 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.