depressed for two months, what to expect?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, about two months ago i had a horrible problem with my boyfriend out of nowhere and this has caused a period of depression and anxiety. I've been over-thinking and searching up everything (odd symptoms, questions about my relationship, weird feelings and questions, etc.) and obsessing over my relationship. It feels as if someone is putting weird questions and thoughts that are against my beliefs in my head and I feel extremely uncomfortable in my own skin and head. I have weird impulsions to do things and for some reason I don't do them. These things include breaking up with my boyfriend, not getting up and going to work/school, and saying weird things to people when they pop up in my head. I have forgotten what it feels like to be normal and even experience moments where everything feels fake and it scares me. Went to a therapist last week and i have decided that im NOT going to take medication. She said that im having acute symptoms of depression and anxiety. Since there was a trigger, im assuming that there is some psychological correlation with how im feeling that can be fixed in my mind. I miss being careless and free, especially in my relationship , but I know im going to get out of this. This might be due to some unresolved trauma from my dad leaving and divorcing my mom out of nowhere when I was little that i never dealt with but it doesn't hurt me at all so I dont know if thats it. I have even at time convinced myself that i dont have depression or anxiety but am giving myself an excuse for feeling so bad when in reality i am just falling out of love. Also i have had many panic attacks that DRAIN me completely. This anxiety and depression has changed everything and i hate it. I cant imagine getting better after this or being "normal". I know this is all over the place, but if anyone has any advice or has been through something similar, some kind words would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

if it's any comfort I myself am going through a period of suffering (again). Please just take one day at a time and try to let your endurance grow.

• Posted

I am going through exactly the same thing.

It is hard and as you seem to be wired the same as me, with an overthinking mind i am not going to lie, it is a hard road to break.

I am 1 and and half years in after trouble came out of no where after 20yrs together. The main thing is if you have decided to stay and move forward, you must address you own thoughts.

Start some exercise really does make you feel much better about yourself and life in general.

self help books and meditation.

Meditation is hard at the start but 5-10 mins every day for a few weeks you should start to find some calm in your head. Down load the headspace app and try it out.

Also down load a journal app, really good to get thing out of your head and always good to look back to remind yourself about the good days when feeling down. I have an app that you can journal daily and add pictures etc to which us really good. always do a journal every -night, might be 2 words or 1000.

Come on here if you are getting it tight it really does help just getting things of your chest and talking. Better to be taking to your partner about these things but i know sometimes they just dont get how how our heads tick.

• Posted

YES. have you tried going to therapy for it? ive heard of a lot of people who went through similar situations and therapy really helped them get out of the loop of thinking and worrying. i just started so i cant tell you if its useful or not but i will keep you updated. thank you

• Posted

i see you have had these problems for a while. did they try to give you medication? I have tried cbt, acupuncture, hypnosis, mindfulness but the medications have been awful, side effects. general motivation is pretty bad. any help out there

• Posted

Been on and off fluoxetine for about 7 years. Currently 2 mths in to meds.

Done CBT, acupuncture, hypo therapy - all helped a little.

I exercise nearly every day and mediate, also started cold water therapy last while.

• Posted

unfortunately fluoxetine made me quite ill and i ended up in hospital till they stopped it. they cannot find me an anti dep to suit as im sure if they did i would be a bit better like you. cold water therapy i dont know about, is it in uk?

• Posted

Flux changes me and i don't really like it but sometimes needed to level me out.

Been a lot of research on cold water therapy and depression. I take a cold shower every day. Takes time to get used to this and is hell at the start. But your body adjusts, i have been able to work up to a full 5 min shower at full cold.

Also take a occasional dip in the sea, lake etc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45487187

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.