Depressed, Frustrated and in Agony after Partial Knee Replacement. Please Help.

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had a partial knee replacement on Oct. 19. I am at about 45° bend but I'm agony while doing it. I am depressed and cry constantly. I still can't lift my leg up. I feel like it's not getting any better. I ice it and take all sorts of pain medication. I am do frustrated. Any suggestions would be great.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Don’t despair! It will get better. You are barely in recovery process. It takes time I am sure to recover from PKR. Be more patient and kind to yourself. Take it one day at a time. Improvements do come just not as quick as we want sometimes. Keep doing exercises. But the most important thing is not to beat yourself up over this because that’s the worst thing you could do. Must remain positive. Realign your expectations to fit where you are and go from there.

I wish you all the best! You will be alright and good things lie ahead. 

• Posted

I agree with what everyone has written but most importantly you’ve found people who are the same and your not alone ,, we the collective are there for you
  • Posted

Hi Jechenier,  TKR Post operative period is  long. There’s pain,stiffness. And limping. Daily physio at hospital if possible if not do home physio. You’ll find a lot excercise advice on YouTube. PAIN! I strongly recommend Tramal, Tramadol. You doctor might recommend Oxycodone, OxyContin. For example here in Thailand “Hillbilly Heroin” or OxyContin  is not approved by the Thai FDA due to the high addiction risk. Tramadol is the drug of choise for  severe pain in Thailand. Low dosage i.e. 50 mg per day. In combination with Paracemamol. Good Luck Bangkok-Johnny

• Posted

50mg a day!! That is a very low dose at 3 weeks post op I was taking 400mg a day the maximum dose as well as diclofenac and paracetamol.  Just coming up to 7 weeks now hardly take Tramadol just diclofenac and paracetamol 😃

• Posted

It is hard.

If you feel you are not surfacing every now and again from your low mood it may be advisable to seek professional advice. It is normal to experience depression after a major op, but please don't hesitate to seek individual counselling,

You may like to go to my profile by clicking on the image next to my name. I kept a journal of my own knee replacement journey, and I have been told by several people they found it helpful to read, or skim through. There is an abridged version which is shorter as well! It has a lot of useful suggestions and information.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.