Depressed husband currently in facility...doesn't love me anymore

Posted , 3 users are following.

my husband has suffered from depression for a long time. We have been married for 15 years. 15 amazing years. We never fight we are best friends...please actually get sick of how good we are together! 2 weeks ago I forced him to go get help for his depression as it's affecting him so much and I wanted the best for him. we would talk and sms every night before bed. a few days ago...I didn't hear anything and I saw he changed his profile pic from us...to a new photo of him. long story short...after pushing him to find out what's going on....hes said we probably aren't going to end up together because he has healing journey he needs to take on his own...tonight when I called he said even more hurtful things and he is as cold as ice to me! I'm literally sitting here shaking because I'm so confused! he's currently doing ECT (shocks) and we'll as EDMR. did they break my husband? does he really just not love me anymore?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

hi bronwny, omg! i am not surprised you are looking for support on here, that's just so sad, it makes you think you what have these units done to him, is it medication and is that really what you both need? i just hope he realises just how much he's hurting you. i think you need to maybe cut him off temporarily so you have head space to process what he's saying! i wonder if his lovely little unit have any clue what he's saying to you and how much it's hurting you. my concern is you - you'll end up with depression or worse if he keeps hurting you like this. poor you - you were trying your best! a big virtual hug for you, for sticking by him and putting up with his nonsense. i refuse to take antidepressants despite everything i've been through, don't believe in them never will! x

• Posted

thanks Sami

I'm totally blown out of the water

I contacted his psychologist and she herself says she's shocked at this and doesn't understand it. she swears the treatment hasn't done this. Believe me when I say...we had a perfect relationship (until a few months ago when the depression got really bad) Last night I forced him to answer my calls....and he still maintains he won't discuss over the phone..but after I pushed he said 2 very hurtful things. that we settled for eachother and didn't really love eachother.. and stayed together so long for convenience!

I have stuck by him because it's been marital bliss for 15 years! and in 8 days that he's been at the hospital it just changed.... Ive also been advised by his mom (we are very close) as well as 1 of the Drs to just leave him for now and not send any messages..to wait till he gets home and talks. But...as you can understand...we have been together and spoken literally every day for the past 15 years....we are best friends...so its tough not talking to him

but....this morning is the 1st time I haven't sent a msg..(it's killing me)

• Posted

you wont believe it..coz i dont even... I am a mess. havent eaten anything since Sunday (weirdly..it doesnt bother me nor has it made me weak or sick )

He smsed me last night! as if nothing had happened. Said he's feeling weird from all the meds but he is sure he will fell better and heal once he's home. Told me to give our kids a kiss (we have 6 cats) and I must be safe at home and he loves me ...im totally confused! This is my husband again...after 6 days of another person...

• Edited

hi bronwyn, oh wow! so much to take in. i am not surprised your brain is smashed by all the mix messages. eat what you want try to have something, anything you want and at whatever times you decide. at least your last message was a bit better in terms of what he says, try to rest and Julie listen to what he's saying, you know him best these are a group of strangers filling your husband with drugs that will be missing with his head. i hope things improve, look after yourself, he's getting some support.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.