depressed. isolated, suicidal at university

Posted , 5 users are following.

i'm 25. i've been suffering with depression for just under a year now. i've bought a rope to hang myself with. i did buy a helium tank but struggled with the complexity of the methdod. i just feel guilt for my family. 

i have tried anti-depressants and counselling, none of which has helped long term. i'm in a pitiful state. i don't revise for my exams. i live like a hermit. nothing but self pity. i don't want someone to tell me it will be ok.  just wonder if there are any others with a similar experience?

i have a fiance and loving family. the only reason i've made it this far.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ash,

Please don't give up, you have already come so far and have been very brave in trying out some different methods such as counselling as ADs. Its normal for depression sufferers to have feelings of isolation and helplessness, its a curse we share but its not something that you cannot recover from. There are many different options out there and there is not a one size fits all cure.

You're still so young and have your whole life ahead of you.

• Posted

ash you need to look at what is behind these feelings before you can ovewrcome them. Do you feel like it all the time or at certain times of year? Do certain events trigger it? You are making a cry for help but at least by coming to this site you will hear from people who understand. Stay with us and keep posting...
  • Posted

Hey ash....pls don give up its not worth it......u have much more ahead.....you are strong and you can get through this.....depression can bring more effect like what you have mentioned.....stay safe.....and I can suggest that whenever suicidal thoughts come by....think about your fiancé and your loving family....put yourself in their shoes.....they would never one anything to happen to you.....just like how you will never want anything happen to them....and pls don keep it to yourself....these things will get worse by just struggling yourself.....I know how it feels to keep it all inside....thinking that it's better to me to hurt than anyone else....but at the end I realise I am hurting them anyway....so share with them and help them.....and in my problems I find a great comfort In God....the problems feels like I can't go with it anymore and I find great support from God people on this site and also my family and friends....but somehow God is number 1....so trust Him and let him be your guide....stay safe....Jesus loves you!!!
  • Posted

when i feel suicidal i just sit and watch youtube. byu something tasty and just sit by computer and do nothing. i sometimes chew nicorette gum, it helps a bit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.