Depressed need help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi im new to all this I am on esa and was sending sick notes ( fit notes) but got a txt from dwp last Wednesday saying I don’t need to send anymore fit notes after I had my medical for esa , so I thought Great I’ve passed my esa medical to prove im ill ( I suffer fibromyalgia , sacroiliitis, siatica, parashesia, depression and athritis ) I’m on a lot of strong meds including zomorph and oramorph )but this morning I received letter from dwp saying They have decided that I have potential for work related activity and must take part in work focused interviews with personal adviser.  With all my pains and on my meds no way am I fit for work , do I continue to send in my sick notes even tho txt said no more or is letter forcing me back to work? Please help 

Kind regards 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

HI Caroline,

You do not need to send in anymore fit/sick notes. You have been placed in the WRAG. What they're saying is that they recognise that you have a limited capability for work but can work towards looking for work sometime in the future. This doesn't mean they're forcing into work right now but it does mean you have to attend any appointments that are made with your work coach. If these appointments are missed then you will be sanctioned and part of your money will be stopped.

When did you first apply for ESA please? was it before or after April 2017?

• Posted

Hi Denise , thank you for your reply , I was on income support before my daughter was 5 , I went on esa on August 2017 , I have fibromyalgia , sacroiliitis , sciatica, parethesia in both feet, ibs and suffer bad depression too.. on strong meds for all the above 😩

Im just so confused with it all I thought once no more fit notes that’s that 

Kind regards 

Caroline 

• Posted

Hi,

No not with the WRAG i'm afraid. This would be the case if you were put into the Support Group.

As your claim didn't start until August this year there won't be any extra money for the WRAG either, unless you claim daily living PIP or mid/high rate care DLA. Do you claim any of these? If you don't then your money will stay the same because they changed the rules for those who applied after April 2017 and are placed in the WRAG.

You can of course ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration and try for the Support Group. Most MR decisions remain the same so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. It's a very long process. Please do google Support Group descriptors and see what if any would get you into this group. Being placed in the Support Group isn't about scoring points it's about fiting at least one of those descriptors. Or reg35.

• Posted

Hi 

I am receiving pip ( had renewel letter Oct as pip ends sept 2018) not heard anything from them even tho my illness has got worse and now with fibromyalgia ) I also receive severe disability premium .. so what happpens now please 

Caroline 

• Posted

Your SDP (severe disability premium)  will continue as you're still recieving ESA providing you still live alone, or are classed as living alone and your PIP continues after your review.  If nothing has changed you'll continue to recieve the same money as you were when on assessment phase, it just means you won't have to send in anymore fit notes. If the PIP decsion doesn't go in your favour then your SDP will stop.

Expect another assessment for your PIP review, as mostly people have these even for their review. I had another assessment for my PIP a year ago. Good luck with this and hopefully a decision will go in your favour.

• Posted

Yes live alone with dependants ( my kids) does pip renewal take along time and is it defiantly another face to face like first claim please . So would u suggest I just go with the flow with esa and WRAG and just keep proving I can’t work as I’m not only a danger to myself but I wld be to others too 

Caroline 

• Posted

Then you would still be entitled to SDP as long as you still have the PIP award. If you lost the PIP at your review then you'd lose SDP as well.

Most people have another assessment, just like the first time. It's rare to have a paper based decision. There's no time scales to these reviews, just like the first time you applied.

It's your choice whether or not you ask for the MR, if you do ask for this then as i said you have just 1 month from the date of the decision. You'll also need more evidence and need to be prepared to take it to Tribunal as most MR decisions remain the same. If you decided not to ask for the MR then you'll remain the the WRAG until your next ESA review, when ever that is.

• Posted

So how many reviews do u have on esa until they leave u alone lol . I know some people was on esa was forced back to work symptoms got worse then went back on esa sent in few sick notes then on permanent esa and no more sick notes or reviews , just don’t understand . I’m so sorry if I’m moaning it’s all new to me 

Caroline 

• Posted

Sorry me again is atos the reviewers for esa like the first one I went to and not the job centre 

Caroline 

• Posted

Everyone has reviews for ESA just like PIP. As you're in the WRAG the maximum amount of time between a review for you is 2 years. I'm not sure where you got the idea that they leave you alone from because they don't.

About 1 month ago they announced a criteria for those already in the Support Group that have life long condtions that they may not need another review after their next one, the criteria is very strict and as far i know there isn't anyone with this award yet and it won't be available for those in WRAG.

If it was ATOS that did your ESA assessment then yes it will those that will do your next one, whenever that will be. The job centre have never ever done ESA assessments.

• Posted

Yes was atos who done my one in October Hun ,  it’s just someone I know has been on esa over2 years now and has not been called back in for a medical since ( god knows how lol ) thank u so much for all your help and advice means a lot 

Caroline

• Posted

If they're in the Support Group then the time between reviews is maximum 3 years so this is most likely when they haven't been sent another ESA50 form. They catch up with them sooner or later.

Always happy to help. Good luck with your PIP review.

• Posted

Thank u once again 

Was lovely chatting with someone who understands what I’m going through 

Fingers crossed for everything lol 

Caroline 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.