depressing therapy session today

Posted , 11 users are following.

i just had my third session today with my therapist..for my anxiety.....I was told last time to not get on this menopause forum anymore....also, she told me today that she spoke with the other therapist in her office (she is in her 70's) she is a registered nurse. she said that its not common for a women to suffer from menopause for 2 years (she was on the HRT, mind you)

of course, I got scared and saddened. I thought, then why in the hell have i been feeling so bad for the last 3 years??

i told my therapist about the off balance, feeling flu-ish sometimes and the high anxiety ive had since starting all this....(the off balance started about a year ago. started peri-march of 2016)

she asked me if i have been tested for neuropothy or diabetes. I said no to neuropothy, but ive been tested twice for diabetes which i do not have....

anyway, i have no idea if any of this makes sense.... she also said i need to check with obgyn about getting on the hormone patch.........

thats all for now ladies...hope you all are well......hugs hugs hugs

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If the nurse was on hrt, she absolutely have not idea about the nightmare of meno!

I was suffering for 3 months badly due to my early meno and after taking hrt I can live a normal life again.

I was almost suicidal 2 years ago and I have no history of anxiety or depression. I have an absolutely healthy life style and I am an athlete, so I don't think that my diet or life style made my symptoms too severe. For me nothing natural at meno and definately hrt for life. There is no way to survive without.

• Posted

Of course you should do what is right for you, but if you feel the forum helps...why leave?

• Posted

Hi Pam, First of all you are a sweetheart, Second I would think about getting a new therapist, that actually sounds kinda rude, There is proof all over the place about going thru peri for years for some people... It can depend on many thing, like i have hashimotos thyroid disease so i have a greater chance of having more symptoms for a longer time and more sever, it can also be somewhat genetic, etc.etc. I wondering how much research she has really done on this condition.... GOOD LUCK HUN❤️

• Posted

If you get more anxious reading the posts on here, then maybe getting off would be best. For me, this forum validates the symptoms I have after so many doctors told me nothing was wrong. It really helps me to stay sane. Most therapists would agree that support groups are good, and this is really what we are here.

• Posted

Hi Pam, I would think if you had neuropathy...your extremeties, especially your feet would be in extreme pain. I believe some diabetics develop this condition. That being said...sounds like she is adding to the issue you are there to see her for. I bet on the ride home you were worried about these ailments to get tested for., Especially bringing a 70s year old post meno RN into the conversation. My mom is 78. She has no recollection of her menopause. But, I do. I remember the sweaty angry lady screaming and throwing things! No 2 women are alike, nor is their story or their suffering.

I am sure your therapist is wonderful book smart person. But, chatting with women who are going through this first hand is something they cannot teach.

Whatever you decide...But, If you find comfort in conversing with us...then you stay put! You are too nice...I would suggest she stick a patch over her mouth! Hugs! ❤

• Posted

I do not think a few years is out of line to have symptoms....I am no DR but it is a transition over many years of hormone fluctuation...no one is alike but many people have reported similar physical, emotional, symptoms and it’s actually kind of sad that she’s trying to make you feel bad about leaning on other people for support. I would be sad and lost without all of you amazing ladies on here . Take care and hang in there!❤

• Posted

hi pam hope your feeling a little better soon, i only came across this site a few days ago and talking to all these lovely ladies has made me realize that iam not the only one out there who thinks shes dying all these symptoms are truly horrendous but reading all the posts have softened my anxiety ten fold the help and support on this site is amazing and reading all the stories does help settle your mind. i have gone from thinking iam having a heart attack to thinking omg who knew the menopause would do this amount of damage to your health and more so your mental health, hang on in there and we will all support each other until the sun shines in our minds again and we laugh more than we cry

claire xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.