Depression!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone take Zoloft, and Lipitor, along with a betablocker? Have you noticed any side affects?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laurie,i have taken a choelesteral med,had to quit,lots of side affects. My son has taken quite a few anti depressans with side affects with most,so they can both caus side affects. Together I imagine you will experiance a few. Xx
  • Posted

I took Zoloft a few years ago, for 3 years. Then I gradually weaned myself off it and I have never looked back and never needed any anti-depressants again. I do remember clearly that it took a while to get the dosage right. And I had some side effects which I managed by changing the time of day I took the pill and gradually increasing the dose rather than just doubling which made me sick. But once I got it right it made a big positive difference in my life.

Because it can be a bit of a juggling act at first to get the right dose for you and for your body to accept it, I would think this would be made more difficult if you are also taking a Statin. 

I personally don't think anyone should take Statins, but if you feel you should, I would seriously consider postponing the taking of the Statins until after you get the Zoloft working for you. Zoloft can have poor results if taken with some other drugs and it is a good idea to not even have any alcohol until you feel the benefits of the Zoloft.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.