depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all

just been reading some of the posts on here and i must say i now know im not alone and i dont think im going mad at last,i was diagnosed about a year ago with underactive thyroid,the symptoms were awful,i was really depressed,lost interest in life,i had terrible mood swings always feeling cold,back ache,i gained weight i was 10 stone 8 and went upto 13 stone but in the last 6 months ive lost 1 stone but it still looks like im pregnant,i was wondering if anyone has had an alergic reaction to other medications because when i take other tabs my heart fluters,i now have high cholestrol but when i first started taking them i thought my heart was gonna come through my chest,i still dont feel myself even though my doc says my levels are normal,i tried to tell the doc how i feel and she put me on anti depressants but i still feel depressd,ive got to a point now were i hardly go out,i would be very grateful if anyone can let me know if they have had any of these experiences,thanks for reading this ad.

lynne.[/list][/i][/quote][/b]

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lynne

Yes, I also suffer from anxiety. I'm an agoraphobic - although I never use to be like this, I used to love going out even if it was for window shopping. Sometimes my children want their friends to come over and I just can't have anyone coming so I refuse.

I've had CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) and although it has worked for others unfortunately not for me. Today I contacted Dr Skinner's Clinic in Birmingham and am considering going to see him in the near future. I will have to get a referral letter from my GP and I don't know if my GP will give me one. They think I'm troublesome and just need anti depressants!! I've been on anti depressants and they just turn you into a zombie - well that's what happened to me.

I know how you feel Lynne, all we want to do is enjoy our children while they are young and just be able to do things and take an interest in living again. My husband has booked me and him a few days away and I would've jumped at the chance to go but at the moment I'm not excited at all. I haven't told him this because it will hurt him and he's only doing it because our relationship has gone downhill.

Hold on in there and do your own research and learn to know your body. I record all my symptoms at the end of the day into a diary. I don't know how your diet is but I try to eat fresh fruit and vegetables on most days as well as nuts and water.

Take care

ms

• Posted

hi again ms

i really do know how you feel,i must say i am a really fussy eater but i do eat alot of fruit,im the same when the kids want there friends here i refuse too,ive got no interest in going out at all sometimes when i get asked out i just dont wanna go and people think im being miserable and that really gets to me and it depresses me even more,im taking my 2 daughters a concert tonight and i cant be bothered going but i suppose i will have to drag myself there and the thought of being around so many people is terrifying me,all i do nowadays is sit at home, i just wanna feel normal again.

take care

lynne

• Posted

hi all

went for results of my blood tests today and the doc says they are normal,i tried explaining to her how i feel but i dont think she understood me,i feel like im banging my head against a brick wall,i told her that the anti depressants arent helping me so im stopping taking them,i told her that my hair is falling out and my belly looks like im pregnant and she just said excercise and take supplements for my hair,skin and nails,does anyone know any good supplements for this?i really do feel for anyone who has thyroid trouble.

take care

lynne

• Posted

Hi there Lynne37

Bless you, I know what it is like when no-one seems to listen!!!!! I personally would change my doctor as that was the best thing I did as I felt that I would have cracked up if I had continued with my previous doctor!!!!!

Have you tried contacting a local support group as they may help you somehow?

http://members.aol.com/TfncThyroid/TfncThyroid.htm

I know this group is not as such near you but they may be able to tell you where your nearest group session is and this is very informative I do hope you start to feel better soon.

SES

• Posted

Hi Lynne

I hope you are feeling better. About your question on supplements, I don't really take anything as I've found that I get reactions like crawly feelings in my arms and hands. Recently I've been given iron in the form of liquid which has made my tummy ache so badly and it's given me terrible rage and severe irritability. Somebody recommended that I should get Spartone (a natural form of liquid iron). I went and got that today from Boots and will see what happens. I've always had fluctuating iron levels and recently they've been done to 6.

I don't think your Doctor is advising you well. When I had a swollen abdomen last year, my doctor say is was all psychological!!! Can you believe that?

Take care

ms

• Posted

hi all again

i havent actually told my doctor about me getting suicide thoughts,i just feel like im moaning all the time at the docs,i feel really at my wits end here.

lynne

• Posted

hi all

ive found another forum,maybe all of us thyroid sufferers should try it,go to google and type in real thyroid help,it really does help.

lynne

• Posted

So good to know Lynne37 that you have found another forum that helps you, support from all angles is good, keeps us focused :D ,

Take care.

SES

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.