Depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

i feel I'm going mad, I at the moment am my own worst enemy. I feel im not happy at work or at home.  I've been on Prozac before but didn't really help, I've been told to go on them again but I refuse. Situations at home debts etc

arent helping, living in rental , high rent being £900 month for bungalow

husband depressed but won't go to doc for anything, so what hope have I got

when he comes home he says the wrong thing, makes me feel angry.

we have to move as the debts will be worse.  I have gone through a bout of not eating and after working for 5 weeks over a lunch period without break

made me miss my hunger time and went over the time therefore into a pattern of not eating , made me feel weak etc and tearful.

now the next blow of life like a kick in the gut is if we move quickly and find a place we have to give our cats away. I love my cats and we don't want to give them away. But if we don't we are deeper in debt staying here. I feel like screaming crying shouting why is life so cruel. I know if I don't work my husband will worry as he works, and doesn't really understand. My family are 

great and supportive as I have  older children. With children but they have their own lives.  My eldest at home doesn't understand just says I need to work. The environment is in catering and I can't put up with the fast pace.

the waiting on people but the boss has been so good. 

Whats wrong with me,   My husband is disabled  had a serious accident 12 years ago had nerve damage in his foot and. Several replacement hips . So it take sits toll when you lose everything including your home. But that's so long ago why do I keep thinking of the past.?

why can't I pick up?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's a common thing with depression that our minds latch on too thoughts of the past.

You have been through lots of stresses and it's just taken its toll on you. Depression is our minds way of protecting us I personally think( even though it's horrendous).

im totally overwhelmed too right now with depression and anxiety. I've had to give up my home,work and my four cats also. Breaks my heart how things get to this for us. How at times when we needs to sort things out and be at our strongest,we can barely concentrate,focus or function.

All we can do Carole is take each day as it comes and hope that it gets better. That's hard I know but I truly believe that our minds just need time to heal. The same as if we broke a leg,it would take time to fix it. It's a waiting game. A very unpleasant one but we will see that light at the end of the tunnel.

We are here for you and each other xxx

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, i

beleive that too, that we need time to heal, but if i wait at home i will lose my job i don't really like anyway, i cant make decisions for myself anymore. I use to love

the feeling when i woke up happy, that was a long time ago.i do hope you find happiness again as everytime i see the tv program with anybody looking

happy,confident, i feel jealous, even if they have a house. Even jealous of my children, its bad when you get like that.

im panicking going anywhere lately. Talking helps, but not tablets. Be good to yourself. As its only youself that can help yourself. Xxxx

h

calike i use to either.

• Posted

Depression is condition of low mood and oppose to activity that can affect your thoughts, feelings. It is state of some psychiatric syndrome like major depressive disorder but it may be a symptom of some disease or a side effect of some drugs and medical treatments.
    • Posted

Yes I agree, that's why  I won't be taking any anti depressants this time  as for me I realise it's not for me.  Situations and reasons why I'm depressed are many thing s in your life that don't go your way.. It's very difficult but time has to help. Even if the bills are piling high. There are ways to get out of this talking helps  and looking after yourself being good to your self is the key. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.