depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

i just wanted to ask anybody if you had to leave your pets behind when you move as rental private or council won't allow pets especially when it's a flat

Its another heartbreak I have to go through. Have you done the same if so how did you cope.? This is making me very depressed as I love them I look at them and cry as I don't want to give them away. But we have to move as 

we are getting more and more in debt. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi carole i was in the same situation i kept my pet with me then someone reported me so i wrote to my landlord explaining everything and he allowed me to keep my pet x maybe you could try this hun 
  • Posted

Hi there im dont know where you reside bit some councils  will let you keep the pets if its in a 4 in a block flats as long as you apply for perrmission first  ! If its multi storey flats a dog would be out of the question  but a cat shouldnt be a problem as you can use a litter tray ! Regards private let each one is different so you would need to ask the landlord first they maybe open to the idea ! Good luck and let me know how you get on  thanks ! (David)
  • Posted

I had to do this too Hun. I'm currently at my sisters so couldn't bring mine with me and also when I get a house,it will be counsel so won't be able to have pets. 

However counsel don't come out and check for pets so is it possible that you could ask somebody to take your pets in just for a few days as you move and are signing the paperwork and everything,then sneak the pets in.

Loads of people have pets in rented accommodation so I wouldn't worry to much about that xxx

• Posted

Thank you Gillian I will do this . I've been very worried and upset as they are like family to me. X
    • Posted

See there's always a solution. Sometimes there we are so bogged down by our circumstances that it takes somebody else to point the obvious out. There is no reason why you can't keep your pets. I only couldn't keep mine because I've had to move to my sisters who has dogs and I had cats.....but if I would of had a counsel house ready id of taken them with me. Everybody has pets,even if they are not ment to and the counsel really only tend to bother about pets in like high rise flats and thing.

I wish you so much luck and happiness in the future Carole xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.