Depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

So recently i've became more and more depressed and paranoid due to the fact that i've been smelling a bad odor around myself. Adding to this 2 girls in my class has made comments about the class room smelling bad. Also it feels like i'm losing my mind since the wafts of bad odor come and go and i cannot seem to locate where its comeing from.

Also i shower and brush my teeth every morning before school.

I also dont drink caffeine and havent had garlic or onions in quite some time

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You probably don't smell at all love.

You are just young and your self esteem seems very low so you will be very self conscious. 

Classroom always smell. I'm 38 and I can still remember the smell of my form room. It  ponged.

There is so much pressure on you young uns these days to look good. So much competition so I can well understand why so many feel inferior or that they are just not as great as everybody else.

Take the pressure off yourself. Decide to be a individual,your own person,instead of trying to fit in. People respect others who are willing to go against the grain and choose to be different,unique!!!!

You don't have to be perfect huni. Each and every person in your class will have there own insecurities..It comes with being that age!!!

Talk to family or close friends. You dint have to say you have depression. Sometimes it's easier to say that you are not feeling to great right now to open the gates to opening up and getting people on your side while you are going through this. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I think you will probably find that once one person starts this conversation,then so many others will breathe a sigh of relief because they feel that way too but where not brave enough to speak out. 

You don't have to go through this alone xxx

• Posted

Hi sparkin..try not to feel to bad...you know that as we get older we go through puberty and develop more stronger body odours, however it is possible that the odour may not be coming from you. .have you smelt your school bag or coat...often when a bag gets wet in the rain and dries out it can smell. Also are you getting this smell every where you go or only at school. .these girls comments may be that they have smelt a bad smell once and are now exaggerating and trying to wind you up..and also its easy to convince yourself that you can smell something when you start thinking about it all the time. ..can you not ask a parent or sibling at home. .and be honest and say,  im worried that I smell, have you noticed anything?...if when you have considered al this and you are sure you do have a bad odour coming from you,  then you should visit your gp for some advice. .if you notice this smell only at school it could be the smell is coming from the classroom its self...if you think the girls are winding you up. .try to change seats, at least then you will know if that's the case...even if the odour is coming from you. .there are amazing products/medications your gp can help out with.i hope you feel better about things soon
  • Posted

Hi Sparkin, No wonder you feel paranoid if girls in your class are making remarks about odours. You say you shower and keep yourself clean so no problem there. I don't know your age but take it you have started your periods. You say you can smell a bad odour around yourself to. Do you think it maybe around the time of your periods, why i ask and don't be offended, is because girls and women tend to get discharges that can have a fishy type smell. If you think this maybe the case it is treatable and a visit to the GP is what is needed, the GP is confidential and have seen and heard it all before so you have no need to feel embarrassed. If you don't think this is the case then i apoligise to you, as without much information i am assumming. If this is not the case then these girls are just being nasty to you. Please talk on here if you are still worried. Hope this helps.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

It is also possible that the class does smell and these girls comments may have simply just fuelled your concerns and may not have been directed at you. .so much to think about I know but I think you are strong. .obviously strong enough to share your worries on here, I do hope you stop feeling so bad about this
  • Posted

Do you sweat a lot? Eat a lot of spicy food? It's worth seeing a doctor as certain medical conditions can cause a fishy odour, which can be controlled through dietary choices. I used to sweat at the armpits and hands a lot: You can buy aluminium-based deoderants at some chemists which block your pours, can cause a little irritation and itchyness, but everything comes at a price. Perhaps try cashing yourself thoroughly and ask relatives chat they've noticed. I mean my mum still does my laumdary, so moms the word I guess. My feet used to smell of what can only be described as 'death'. Just generally make sure all your clothes are washed. Aftershave might also help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.