depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have hypothroidism and i should take 150mg per day but i often 4get 2 take them. I went on hol and 4got 2 get them and kept forgetting once i got home. I am so depressed and confused at the moment and forgetful. Could this be caused by not taking my tablets for a month or is it something else. Also having terrible mood swings

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Depression is one of the symptoms of being hypo.

You need to take your medication to keep your body in balance.

Please use this site (and Google) to read up on thyroid probs and please get into a routine of taking yur meds. The thyroid controls so much of your body that it needs to be working correctly.

Linda

• Posted

It is actually dangerous not to take your tablets , you will become seriously hypo and begin to have many problems that can eventually lead to a coma, but forgetting the odd one here are there won't do any harm.

You should take them first thing in the morning at least 30 mins before food, it's really not that difficult to get into a routine.

• Posted

Seriously forgetting to take your medicine - you must be mad, you do know what happens to you:

tiredness, weight gain, constipation, aches, feeling cold, dry skin, lifeless hair, fluid retention, mental slowing, and depression

:?

• Posted

Please take the tablets, when you became hypo to start with it was probably far slower than what you do to yourself in not taking the tablets when you are used to them and so its a strain on your body. Create a routine, maybe keep the tablets near the kettle if you have a cuppa first thing then after a while its just what you do.

Do take care of yourself, low levels make you feel horrible, cold, tired, constipated, forgetful, distant and loads more. Life is way too short to feel bad when you dont need to

Helen x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.