Depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Julie here had a few good days today I feel very low no energy but I am at work but don't really want to be here today xx I think it's when I am on my own I feel very lonely

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie I find keeping busy is best thing to keep my mind occupied but i also like to be on my own so I can try understand why I am feeling low. I can never make sense of how to fix it xx
  • Posted

Worse thing for me is being alone.  When I was really low I only wanted to be alone, but now it is the thing I hate most.  I am retired and live alone, so not easy. 
  • Posted

Hi Julie, Back in 1991 after my brain surgery I suffered severe depression. My Psychiatrist was very empathetic. She said to me, "Mike, Unless you stop thinking of yourself as a VICTIM of the medical profession and your bi-polar illness and think of yourself as a VICTOR, I can't do a thing for you. You've come a long way. Your tumor in your brain was benign. The surgery cured your epilepsy. and I'm trying my best to put you on mood stabilizers to help control your depression. TIME is a healer. You WILL snap out out of it sooner than later." As it turned out.. thnks to that talk, I changed my outlook on life and saw myself in a new light ever since, I haven't suffered sevevere depression since (no more suicidal thoughts.My self esteem is way up there. I still lack personal motivational skills, and suffer from insomnia and a strong bit of mania (overspending poor social skills, etc.) but I still feel good about myself. Thre mania I can handle with proper budgeting and a strong support group every Wednesday night for bi-polar people. It's my second family. I feel better than some people who suffer. Thanks to a good doctor and the proper cocktail of medications my life is manageable now. Yours can too. It just takes someone who will listen to your drawbacks and prescribe the right medication. There are no MAGIC pills that work the same for ec=veryone. It's trial and error but it'so worth it in the end. It took years to get me on the right medications but it paid off in the end. Communication with your doctor is KEY such as telling them about the side effect you can't stand. There are always better alternatives.

Hang in there Julie. Constant communication is SO essential in getting on the right meds. It'ds bloody hell at first, but it pays offf once you've found the right combination of medications. All my love for the future!! xxxooo

• Posted

Jule, Like I said, There are no MAGIC pills that work the same for everyone. It's trial and error but it'so worth it in the end. It took me years to get me on the right medications but it paid off in the end. Communication with your doctor is KEY such as telling them about the side effect you can't live with. Different strokes for different folks. There are always better alternatives. Some time you have to go off a medication for two weeks to get the previous drug to get out of your system before a new one can be introduced. That the hell you may have tto go through but it pays ooff when the new drug wog works wonders.
    • Posted

That's very inspirational! smile

I went to see my docor yesterday and she have me this website and she will be steared by what I want as in if I want to take meds, counselling etc I don't know what is best though surely a doctor should be telling me right this is whAt we need to do?

• Posted

I completely understand what you mean. I've noticed that when I talk to people I love or like... even on the telephone, if we don't actually get together... it's a pick-me-up. Also, reading an enjoyable book puts me into another world where I can forget my cares. Another trick, when I'm at work: I use my work as something to escape into. I concentrate on my tasks and then I'm not thinking about how sad I feel.

All said though, remember that this will pass. You won't be feeling this way forever. Best, Lee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.