Depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all

Well I'm into my 14th week of taking citrolpram, I really thought the med would have kicked in by now. Had a really good few days a couple of weeks back and I really believed I was turning a corner and was back to my old self again, but the last few days I have slipped way way back please can anyone reasure me it will get better. I push myself to stay positive and try to motivate myself but that BLACK DOG always seems to win no matter how hard I try.

jean x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jean. The symptoms you are experiencing are pretty common at your stage of treatment. Adjusting dossages is trial & error anyway, that's why it never, or rarely has immediate & long lasting effect. It's a matter of persisting till the good days are more frequent. You say you "try hard" to be possitive, trying like that, with a condition like this, will only put more stress on you & can be counterproductive. I'm not by any means saying give up, more go with the flow, train yourself to just accept that you will have more bad days than good for now. I have been through it myself, Jean. I got another tablet for the anxiety, Propanalol. It worked well for me & once the feeling of being so anxious that I wouldn't answer the door or the phone for fear of who or what was on the other end. I felt able to cope, I even got up infront of a large crowd at my father in laws funeral & gave a speach. It didn't do this by making me drowsy, or zombie like, as so many meds do. I still have my bad days, i'm just recovering from 3 in a row, I felt so terribly lonely. I live on my own & find it hard to motivate myself to do anything, getting a shower is a cause for cellebration. I talk to people via e-mail & have good friends on the photography forum I am on. It helps to make me feel part of human kind. I don't know if all this is of any help to you Jean, it has helped me getting it out in writing. Stay in touch when you can my friend. There is always someone here who is going through the same as you & can help & understand how you feel. Take good care Jean. x Lee.
    • Posted

Hi lee

I know you haven't to rely on the medication alone it's not a miracle drug

but I was so hoping things were changing but I just need to take it day by day . Thanks for responding to my problems.

jean x

• Posted

I really relate to both of you. My drugstore is directly across the street from my house and it took me two days to build up the courage to get my prescription filled. I have to cross a busy street to get there and sometimes I feel like just walking in front of a car and ending this misery. I been taking 20 mg. of citalopram, twice a day, for years. I also have olanzapine that I'm supposed to take at night when I can't sleep but haven't had that particular problem for a while. It was good for me to see someone else felling as I do, not that I would wish anxiety on anyone, LOL. I am psycho, have anxiety, OCD and PTSD
    • Posted

Hi yqueque

Can I ask how many years you have been on citrolpram and have you had  any release from your symptoms where you have felt a lot better.

jean x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.