depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

urgh past 17 months depression has been a constant and warps in to different feelings each day well if you can call them feelings. i have been on a range of antidepressants and they never helped i am now 4 months in to venlafaxine 225mg XL and still really depressed, i just want to have the guts to end my lie but there is a part of me that wont let me. so bloody lonely and depressed.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh no that sounds like a lot to handle. What medications have you been on? It can take a few tries to find the one that makes you start to feel normal again. Was your depression triggered by something in your life?
  • Posted

I am so sorry to hear how bad things are for you.  I am on Venlafaxine too and have found that it works pretty well for me, maybe give it a little bit longer, I don't know.

You know that it doesn't take guts to end your life, it takes guts to stay here for the people who love you and would be devastated to lose you.

I so wish I had something more helpful to say, I so wish I could make you happy.  Tell my why you are lonely, do you have no family or friends?

Keeping you in my thoughts,

Pat

• Posted

Hi, The thing that commonly affects people when they start a dosage of any anti depressant is committing to a long treatment on them not a few weeks as they take some time to work into the brain and increase the serotonin levels which operates the moods. I have been oncitalopram for months and found improvement more an more just not instantly. You have to stay focused which I know is hard but you have fought this far why would you give in deep down you know you can win!!! this is a major bump in the road you will again rise to happiness just keep fighting stay on your docs get the right meds and dosage things will improve thinking about ending your life is not teh right direction (I've been there died twice) and was revived only seeing the light after the second time now I look back and think had I died I would have missed out on some much everyday I'm grateful and proud of myself for taking the fight to em! you too can do that just hold on to hope xx
  • Posted

You need to watch funny shows, Upbeat music and don't read or listen to the news or be around any one that is depressing or has a bad attitude.  I know its hard because I am a manager and I get smart remarks from the crew that I work with.  Its hard to get away from things like that and to keep your head up when you are depressed.  I am in a State with out any family here at all, and its hard for me.  No one seems to want to hang out and watch movies or things like that any more.  But, you can make your surroundings better and get you an animal like a dog or cat to help keep you company. I hope this helps, I know how lonley one can get.
  • Posted

I have previously been in the same situation as you, wondering if it was all worth it. But, I searched the internet to find something to persuade me not to. I found a website called 'recovery letters'. I advise anyone who is depressed to read them and to have hope x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.