Depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

Went for ESA assessment and the strain of waiting for that brown envelope is putting me under such a strain.   Just want to hide away from the world. I know there's no way I could hold a job due to various health issues.   Have spent the day in a dark place in my mind I sometimes feel that I should just dissapear from my life but know I would hurt my family.  

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Elizabeth don't despear there's always a light at the end of the tunnel , keep busy don't think about it , you will get your ESA as you are depressed, just enjoy your day and think positiVe , life is precious and you have a family that love you and I'm sure you love them , the brown envelope will arrive ,take care darling , and let me know of the outgoing,please 
  • Posted

Awww Elizabeth, i can imagine how your feeling, must be such a strain not only to wonder if your losing your benefits but being said to be fit for work as well. Im sure with depression your be ok as if ive learnt one thing and thats they do seem to taske notice of how once health affects them mentally. Hope it goes well for you, try not to worry

Sue x

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth,

Believe me when I say that I completely understand your feelings. Thanks to the system I was also sent to that dark place, they really don't get it. I suppose when you are dealing with case after case, hour after hour then it is possible to become desensitised to the fact that you are dealing with human lives. I actually believed them when they told me my case was being dealt with.

The size of the organisation is enormous, spread right across the country from Southampton to Newcastle and Cardiff to Belfxast

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth,

Believe me when I say that I completely understand your feelings. Thanks to the system I was also sent to that dark place, they really don't get it. I suppose when you are dealing with case after case, hour after hour then it is possible to become desensitised to the fact that you are dealing with human lives. I actually believed them when they told me my case was being dealt with.

The size of the organisation is enormous, spread right across the country from Southampton to Newcastle and Cardiff to Belfast. Each department constantly duplicating each other.We are not people, humans, just National insurance numbers to be entered into computers and then instantly forgotten about. Do not let them get to you as all they will do is delete your number from the system, then they will forget you ever existed, but what about your family, your friends and your workmates, will they then forget, of course not because you matter your not just a number. Stay alive, keep living keep that number on the system.

Best wishes for your future, Mike.

• Posted

hi Elizabeth,,, the strain is enough just waiting for the assessment  THEN having to wait for that brown envelope,,, i know what you are going through,,,,  Ihave depression,, anxiety ,,, agraphobia,,, and to top it all PTSD,,,,got my assessment tomorrow after being this way for over a year,,, still attendind a psyciatrist and a mental health therapist who both have put in writing NOT FIT TO WORK,,,, huh wonder what tomorrow will bring,,, permantly in that dark place you speak of ,,,, unless your going though depression etc no one knows whst that dark place is like,,, people say theres a light at the end of the tunnel,,, but that tunnel for us is never ending so the light never appears,,, I hope you get what you deserve,,, please let me know.... gentle hugs xxx
    • Posted

Thank you for your recent support.  I was very relieved to find out today I have been put in the support group for ESA.  I feel as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  I have been thinking about you I hope that you had somebody who was understanding of what you are going through when you had your assessment.  It's all such a strain as you say the light doesn't appear and things can be very black.   Please let me know how you are  xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.