Depression

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys, 

After a few days of really really trying to keep positive I'm feeling really bad again this evening. Is this something I will just need to learn to live with now? I can't seem to get any enjoyment out of anything anymore.

Any advice will be gratefully received x

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thanks everyone for all your responses, it helps knowing there are people who understand xx
  • Posted

Feel so crap, just want to die.
    • Posted

Stay strong Lattifa <3 

make sure you ask to be seen by counsellors soon, they will start the healing process. in the mean time if you ever need to vent or need some advice just post in this forum and all of these lovely and supportive people will help you. if you ever want to private message me for a chat or some support feel free to do so, i'm always here xxx make="" sure="" you="" ask="" to="" be="" seen="" by="" counsellors="" soon,="" they="" will="" start="" the="" healing="" process.="" in="" the="" mean="" time="" if="" you="" ever="" need="" to="" vent="" or="" need="" some="" advice="" just="" post="" in="" this="" forum="" and="" all="" of="" these="" lovely="" and="" supportive="" people="" will="" help="" you.="" if="" you="" ever="" want="" to="" private="" message="" me="" for="" a="" chat="" or="" some="" support="" feel="" free="" to="" do="" so,="" i'm="" always="" here="">

make sure you ask to be seen by counsellors soon, they will start the healing process. in the mean time if you ever need to vent or need some advice just post in this forum and all of these lovely and supportive people will help you. if you ever want to private message me for a chat or some support feel free to do so, i'm always here xxx>

• Posted

Hi lattifa, I'm sorry I haven't got any words of wisdom, but I hate going past people's comments when they're feeling so bad! Hang in there, someone on here will always listen if you want to say more or just chat any old stuff just so you know you're not alone

Big hug

Belinda

• Posted

Thanks fee, I've just come from my Dr, she's not upping my dose yet, we are putting down to X'mas stress and a blip perhaps?? She said give it a couple of weeks and then we have scope to increase . Hope she's right, I need to fight this a bit too xx
    • Posted

I know it's horrible, keep going, perhaps your doc is right and it might be a little Christmas stress or a blip, hopefully you can increase your dose the next time, but it's possible by two weeks time you might have lifted a little. Remember to keep talking to us, we all must be very strong and we're all in it together xxx
    • Posted

Thanks dk, we all have to stick together and keep strong, thank you x
    • Posted

Happy new year all, how are we all?

I'm OK, still not back on track as I was over a week ago!. But a little better, mornings are not good, and being alone. Maybe I do need to up my dose?? I just wanna be normal!!

• Posted

hi! happy new year to you too!

The last couple of days I've been feeling slightly better. I went to see my GP on new year's eve and she was very understanding and really reassured me that it's something that will pass. Since then I've really tried to combat the negative thought in my head that it won't pass, and this has lifted me slightly. She also upped my dosage of sertraline to 150 which I started last night so hoping to feel the benefits of that too in a couple of days,

how are you doing? I hope you're a little better, have you seen your doctor again?

xx

• Posted

Hi do, yes I did see my Dr, she has put my low mood and the anxiety down to X'mas stress, and has not upped my dose, I'm glad in a way, but I'm still not how I was before Xmas, she said give it a couple of weeks and see. I think I may need an increase but scared of side affects again?? I don't know what to do really? I'm OK I'm functioning and laughing and stuff,but I can feel the depression and on edge feeling in the pit of my stomach still??. I've been out all day today, as I do everyday but dread coming home, it makes me feel depressed I don't know why?. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, how do you feel since you upped your dose?
    • Posted

yeah my dr said something similar, that it's a particularly difficult time of year, especially for those suffering from anything. I haven't really noticed much difference since upping the dose but I did feel a bit more positive before actually taking them because of how reassuring my doctor was. i am much more sleepy though, but to be honest it's been kinda nice and relaxing and I know it will wear off in a couple of days as this happens every time i up my dose. but yeah i still feel anxiousy, it always seems to be in the background, but at least now a lot of the time it is in the background instead of the foreground!

keep us updated xxxx

• Posted

Hi do, how are you doing? I hope good?

I'm not too bad, still feel all the anxiety in the back ground like you said, I think I'm going to start looking for a job, as I'm getting so board of my self! Make a goal, ibreally want to taje my kids awy to america by xmas this year, as its too stressfull here. Its going to cost loads and ill have to really save. thats somthing i can focus on at least hay?!!

Sometimes i gwt soooo down aboit the way i have become, like it really upsets me to think before the end of september i was "normal"

And will i ever be it again???

• Posted

hello,

I thionk the job sounds like a great idea, I have been better even still since going back to work and I think I see myself improving too so yes you will be "normal" again, it just takes a little time and you need to ride the bad times out. That sounds like a lovely plan to take your kids away too! Sorry for such a late reply, I have been so busy at work! But still here to listen! x

• Posted

Thanks dk, sorry for my late reply too, ive had problems signing in, ive been ok, still getba bit anxius in the mornings, ive applied for a couple jobs, so just waiting to hear.

I alwaus need to have something to do in the day or my anxiety sticks with me!

How are you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.