Depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

It's been a week since I've had depression. The last time I was depressed was a year ago, it lasted 2 weeks. I'm not sure what to do. I'll feel fine, happy even, for a couple of minutes. Then it's back to being depressed. I got depressed last Sunday while binge watching a show on my phone. Since then it's been mostly depression with few bursts of feeling fine.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You don't sound depressed to be honest, depression is a long term debilitating problem, it's not the same as feeling occasionally low. General advice for low mood is take exercise, eat and sleep well

• Posted

I really don't feel you fit in to the description of depression. Even feeling moments of happiness, a truly depressed would more than likely not feel. The fact after one week you are calling it depression, doesn't seem to fit the mold. Now if your mood gets lower and lasts for more than a few weeks, you might want to see a councellor. Most people with depression lose motivation, don't want to be with people, can't concentrate, and the list goes on. If it would make you feel better make an appointment with a counsellor or a doctor. If you feel suicidal, go to your hospital now!

• Posted

Hi I agree with the others this isn't true depression.  If you have been feeling very low for some time then it might necessitate a visit to a doctor but everyone feels depressed from to time and this is normal.   There is a big myth that life is supposed to be all about happiness and anyone who isn't jolly and happy 24/7 is not 'normal'. 

• Posted

Many people go through phases of depression that lasts for shortened periods of time, sometimes it can be a telling off or after a unpleasent situation that has been placed upon your shoulders, these feelings will not last.

Depression can be short term it generally is caused by more than one problem, sometimes upwards of about five depressive distractions that can be close to the bone such as loosing a job, Health or someone has died etc.

Depression can also be caused by past events, or breakdowns of marriage etc.

The list is long and extensive, your depression seems to be a passing thing caused by instantainious events that pass over your head after a couple of days.

I cannot say as such you are depressed or not, all I will say if you are feeling low, talk to your GP, He/She will triage and consider what is going on in your life.

No-one here can really say what is going on in your mind, just you and your GP.

Generally most on here are not Health Workers, we are patients in our own right.

If you are feeling your mood is so low and you are depressed take professional advice.

If you need support however you know where we are, see that GP

• Posted

You guys are right. It's not depression, but what I'm feeling is depression. I thought about my situation and why I feel this way, and I realized. It's because of my anxiety. I'm going to the doctor to get a new prescription since i ran out of medication a few weeks ago. After realizing this I started feeling a little better, so thanks for that.

• Posted

Hello Someguy

Good Luck with your GP, Discuss all with him tomorrow. If you do need support you know where we are

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.