Depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

12 days on 1mg of Prozac some side effects but today the nausea started.Does anyone know what to take for nausea while taking Prozac?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I take one Promethazine 25mg Tablet, once every 4 hours, until my nausea passes. It makes me very, very sleeping so I wouldn'y use it whilst driving or tightrope walking.

It can really put you out of it, but I don't think that you need take any special precsutions other than those listed on the bottle or from your physician. I would be certain to make sure that you're around others whem you first take them. Also note that you'll want to be in a 'safe' place when you take these tablets AND note that they may be marketed under a dfferent name depending on your locale.

• Posted

I take cyclizine for nausea prescribed by my doctor. Try peppermint and ginger tea they are really good for nausea and I also find salty foods help my nausea. Just an idea if you are wanting to try something without the meds. Xx
  • Posted

Hi, 1mg sounds very low dose? is this a misprint? Any way I've had Prozac myself (fluoxetine) I was on 200mg tablets for a couple of years and eventually had to move to Sertroline because the Prozac wasn't getting me better, actually got worse. I eventually was given Sertroline as I said but then got worse and went into hospital and was was switched to Venloflaxine. All of them gave me a nausea effect along with dryness Of mouth poor appetite and increased anxiety for a while. Best thing is just drink cold water now and again keep hydrated and wait for it to pass, because it will. I am now getting better, God bless Venloflaxine. I'm almost at the lowest dose 32.5mg and my illness is staying away for the first time in over 9 years. Keep on being positive, you will never get as bad as your lowest point and try to keep busy when your illness is pulling you down.

• Posted

Wow 200mg! Thats way over the max dose of 60mg. 😯

• Posted

No not a misprint that's how sensitive I am to medicine always have been 1/4 teaspoon children's Tylenol for headache so it's really hard to get me to a dose that will help everyone is different in the way their bodies react to medicine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.