Depression

Posted , 7 users are following.

I suffer from anxiety and depression. I take medicine for this. I also see a social worker. Nothing seems to work. I cry all the time. I don't have any family. My husband passed away a year ago. I am alone and don't like it. I have been volunteering but nothing seems to help. Any ideas on what I can do? I just want someone to hug and have dinner eith.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I’m so sorry to hear about all that, Donna. sad I’d love to give you a big hug and have dinner with you!!!

Loss is always hard to cope with especially if you feel alone. Have you perhaps thought about attending any grief groups or group therapy? I absolutely despised the idea of it at first but upon going I realized hearing and seeing other people who have gone through similar things, and feel the same as me, really helps a lot.

If you are still feeling poorly with mediciation you may need to try a different kind or a different dosage. Medication does not work for everybody and there are plenty of kinds to try. You also have to give them a while to kick in. Have you been to counseling? Or thought about maybe picking up yoga as a hobby? Both helped me a lot with getting my mind to a different place and out of the deep slump it tends to get in.  Hang in there and don’t be afraid to send me a personal message if you’d like. We’re all in this together! 

• Posted

I have been to counseling. I'm on medication but I just don't like being alone. I do go to Tai Chi. I just want someone to go to dinner with, talk with and hug.

• Posted

Hi Donna - sorry you are suffering. I wonder if the dosage of your meds might be tweaked? Or perhaps a new AD altogether?
  • Posted

I too am so sorry for your loss and the pain that you are experiencing. I agree with Kennedy.

Group/bereavement therapy, maybe change or adjust the meds with the drs consent.

Do you have any friends that you could go out with to dinner? Or a neighbor?

I feel so bad I know how alone you must feel.

Do you think that you would be able to do what we suggested?

• Posted

I do go out with one of my neighbors but I still cry all the time. I don't like being alone and most of my neighbors are married which leaves me alone. I just want to stop crying.

• Posted

Are you taking anything for the crying jags? We need to try to control the crying jags. I suffer from them too and it is so awful and uncontrollable. But I take Ativan and that helps a lot.

I honestly believe that you would benefit from group therapy that covers bereavement too.

You will be around other people who are experiencing similar feelings as you do.

Being alone at a time like this is rough. I feel that you need to talk everything out. All of your feelings and cry it

Out too.

Bereavement therapy will help you with this.

Would you please consider?

• Posted

I do go to group therapy but they are only twice a month. I take Clonazepam.
  • Posted

Angel, don't think that crying is a bad thing? How long were you married? It will take more than a year to get over, and crying is such a natural process. Too many people cover up how they actually feel...Be kind to yourself, it's not a quick or easy solution xx

• Posted

I was married for 40 years. I just hate the crying. I wish it would stop.
  • Posted

Gosh that is terrible, I can't imagine how you feel. I lost my dad 6 years ago and feel like part of me is missing. You're not alone as we understand on here. This is obviously exceptionally difficult for you. You need to find just one other person to reach out to. I have a counsellor that is there as I have PTSD, which we are slowly working through. Ask to see a counsellor maybe? Good luck and don't stop talking no matter what you do.

• Posted

Sometimes you don't gel with a counsellor, my mum was married 43 years and she still has days where my dad's death feels like it happened yesterday.

• Posted

My mum cried all night when my dad died from what I remember, she was really desperately sad for 2 years but still now feels that there is a chasm in her heart. Ignore everyone else you take your time and heal as you need to. How old was your partner when he died, my dad was only 66. It's no age at all.

• Posted

My husband was 80. He was 17 years older than me but we were together for 40 years. He just so hard to be alone. Miss the hugs most of all.
    • Posted

I think it doesn't matter when he died or how old he was. The comments out of people like Marie Curie are you learn to adjust slowly, you have to take it bit by bit and rely on other people for support, real friends will be there regardless. Just look after you. X

• Posted

The thing I hate is being alone and every day I cry. I feel so alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.