Depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

What to do if you are constantly depressed all day? is there any drugs to avoid this problem?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You sfeeking talk your doctor about how you are feeling and ask his advice. There are many drugs for depression and after you have a diagnosis your doctor can prescribe something to help you. Let us know how you are doing. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi there and I'm sorry you are going through this... This is my personal opinion but you do as YOU feel is right for you. I am just battling coming back off of Prozac (fluoxetine) after only taking it this time for 6 days. It is the most HORRID drug to get used to or come off of. If at all possible, I would advise you to consider counseling rather than drugs. Drugs may be a quicker 'way out' but it does NOT solve the problem causing depression. You might even try visiting with a holistic doctor. Best wishes to you.

• Posted

It's everyone's choice whether or not they want to take meds and I don't agree with advice not to.  We are all different and what helps you might not necessarily help someone else and vice versa.

The point about meds is that they can help you feel a bit better and more able to tackle your issues through counselling.  If you don't need them fine but others do.  

• Posted

I agree with hypercat. I have been taking mirtazapine and venlafaxine since July 2015 and I've been doing great. My depression and anxiety have not been a problem since the meds reached their full effect. I enjoy my life and am so thankful I found what works for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.