Depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

Depression and anxiety for 10 months , sought treatment a few months ago  on medication and getting counselling . Feeling  a lot better, but at the moment everywhere you turn media, social media etc there is news about people taking their own lives .... this puts me a step back every time ... 

Is there light at the end of the tunnel? 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Of course there’s a light at the end of the tunnel! 

Everyone’s experience of mental health is different and that’s what makes treating it so hard. It’s not like cancer or aneurysms that present themselves similarly and respond to the same treatments. 

Because of this, where one person may struggle, others may respond quickly to treatment and begin to be in remission. 

Just because others are killing themselves, you shouldn’t fear. By the sounds of it, you’re responding well to the treatments. Keep up with the treatments and keep responding well and working with the professionals to maintain stability and the light at the end of the tunnel will get closer and closer. 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply , when I hear of these deaths although I don’t know them personally it makes me cry, and I feel agitated .. I keep thinking that could have been me if I had not sought help. 

• Posted

YES! there is honey. Whenever we hear about suicide inevitable we feel it is sad and tragic. But, it also raises awareness of depression and the fact that it can indeed be life-threatening. Don't let it knock you back. You have started tablets but are still not 100%. Please give it time and know that you will get better, I promise you. I know it's hard but Please be patient. You will feel better in time. Message me anytime, Donna x

• Posted

Hi yea it could have been you o

r any one of us but it wasn't thank God, we where lucky enough to be offered help and happily excepted it.

Some don't get the chance to be offered help and sadly some don't want help.

It's a fine line and often it's difficult to see which way to turn, I'm not going to say that you shouldn't listen to the media or that you shouldn't get upset, you wouldn't be the caring sensitive person you and many with mental health issues are.

Take your meds and make sure you attend any therapy sessions your offered, if theirs any self help groups you could join then join them, knowing your not alone and that your symptoms are quite normal if you can get your head round that your half way their.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.