Depression

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had depression for about 25 years, it was manageable for 20 years. But now I am that bad I am looking forward to dying. I have nothing at all to live for. My life is a waste of time. I never see a soul, never go through the door, I also have social phobia and agrophobia. On top of that I have heart disease the consultant said I should start thinking about putting my affairs in order

Thanks for reading

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen a psychologist or psychiatrist, are you on medication? If no then you need to get professional help asap.
    • Posted

Hi

Yes I've seen countless psychologist's and psychiatrists.

I take 45mg metoporol, 80mg Prozac plus 30mg of valium daily. Nothing seems to work

Thanks for your time

• Posted

Hi Angelo

Sorry I meant mirtazapine not metoporol

• Posted

Nobody’s Life is a waste of time at all. You are better than this smile 

Give yourself three compliments every morning.  I don’t know you, but I know you have a lot to offer. Have you ever thought about adopting a pet? I just say my little Dachshund’s are really good at cheering me up. Plus, I have a responsibility to take care are of them...they need me. You got this....Just find the positive in everything. There’s always a positive out there.

🙂 

• Posted

Hi Saskia

Yes I bought a rottweiler, he's huge, fantastic guard dog, but he's so loving towards me it's strange.

• Posted

Hi Vangellis - i would set about putting your affairs in order. Through that process you might find something that gives you the will to live. You will see that you are not a waste of time.  If not, at least you know everything is sorted. 
    • Posted

Hi Wayne

Yes I've put my affairs in order, I had to get a copy of my birth certificate for the life insurance policy as I lost the original

Thanks for your time

• Posted

Hi i am sorry to hear you are feeling this way , i wish i could wave a wand a it would all go away , but it does not have to be all doom and gloom , first you say you have a heart disease is that an opinion of one doctor, and is is terminal , reason is i had a brain tumour, and i thought my life was over but i fought it and im still here to tell the tail, im clear now 5 years and it was not easy , felt like the world was coming to an end but there is a life and you only get one, and for what ever reason live it, no rehearsals, do what makes you happy, find a hobby, meet new people if you find it hard take, if you have a pet a dog take it to the park great for meeting nice people, i know its hard, but take one day at a time, i have depression, anxiety eating disorder severe migraines, and now been diagnosed with BDD, seeing a counsellor for that so if i have all that and in still think life is worth living so should you , take care , need any help and advice i am here
    • Posted

Hi Jay, thanks for your time.

Well,. The consultant cardiologist didn't actually say my heart condition was terminal, he said I should start thinking about putting my affairs in order.

I had a heart attack in June 2007 and had a stent placement in my right coronary artery. In 2015 I went to doctors saying I was constantly tired and lethargic, I had a ECG and it showed I had an arythmia.

To cut a long story short I had a angiogram that showed I had 1 blocked arterie and ,1 partially blocked one. Plus AF. I also suffer from COPD.

The Dr said the arterys were to small to be stented and I needed a double bypass but because of my COPD it was to dangerous to do.

Apologies for the length of my reply

Thank you for your reply

Vangellis

• Posted

You are positive in mind.  I am trying somhard to be the same but having problems.  I did try several anti deps but have you found one that helps you overcome the other health problems, i just cannot seem to find how to help mine. Cbt didnt work. I need an anti dep which does, any suggestions?

• Posted

Hi Ann

There are loads of antidepressants out there, and I have been on most of them.

The first one I had was Prozac, this worked perfect for 8 years then it just stopped working which was a shame as I felt perfectly normal on them.

Next came Mirtazapine that again only worked for a while, then it was sertraline but although

I didn't feel to bad on 200mg daily I dropped the dose of sertraline to 150mg in the mornings

and 15mg of Mirtazapine at night (this combo is known as Californian rocket fuel) and I must admit this seems to be the best solution for me

Regards Heartbleed

• Posted

Hi Ann  i do try and be positive in whatever i do, and i also have to be honest too, but this is only my opinion , being ill from the age of 14, and i am now 54 , there is nothing that i have not been through when it comes to illnesses of the mind, now its called mental health but back then people though you were crazy, my parents never understood me, then i went onto things going wrong with my body , then they had to take notice, you see i suffered severe migraines and all my dads side sufferers , so he felt guilty, and done everything in his power to help me, but no one knew i was hiding a deep rooted secret , and that was causing a lot of my mental problems, and also a lot of traumas in my life that led to all the other conditions, it was not till i had to give up the job that i loved most in the world and move house the real problems started, i had a nervous breakdown, causing depression, anxiety , and that is how i found out i had BDD, COD, , IBS, ontop of eating disorders ,borderline copd, but one thing i am very proud of i beat cancer, so when the doctor gave me antidepressants , the first lot sent me off the rails, and then i was put on sertraline, 50mg for 4 weeks nothing up it to100mg my god ,could not get my head off pillow so i weaned myself off, not taking anything, but please i am dealing with not taking anything, like you i tried to get into CBT, but that is great for people who have lost confidence and need to get into work and social skills, so that one was not for me, it took a while but i have got into the i want CARA, and start this monday 20th, cant wait, so sorry for the length of email, but if this helps you and others, i need people to realise taking antidepressants can be great for some people and you have to find the right one for you, others it does not work, and thats me, i believe in naturalness , healthy mind ,healthy body, so on monday i am started with getting my mind healthy, so hope this helps and you start feeling better soon x
  • Posted

Hi so glad you got back to me i understand now why you are so down ,  but you are not the only one i have a friend who has the same illness as you and she is coping really well she has her good days and bad days , but we have great times together, laughter is a great medicine, i know you probably do not feel like laughing right now, but please look at the good things in your life , focus on the positive , each day is a bonus, even if you feel low try to think of something that makes you happy, do a diary, make memories, and on top of that try to find out if there is someone who can help you with what you are going through , there is more help out there than you know, i never listened to one person advice, i am not always right but i like to believe there is good in the world , i want you to feel good about yourself and stronger, believe in yourself, i do, take care , god bless keep in touch
    • Posted

Hi. Jay

Thank you very much for your reply.

I shall go back to my Dr and see what support facilities are available in my area.

Thank you for your time.

Regards Vangellis

• Posted

Your welcome and i am here any time you want to talk and it does not always have to be sad i have some really funny stories if you need cheering up , my friend laughs my stories and always enjoys my visits, so do things that make you happy not sad, love your dog they are my favourite, have a toy one , can not have a real one my kitten would not survive it lol 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.