Depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

Since I had my gallbladder removed I have been suffering with bad depression .

Most days I'm struggling to cope with it . Anyone else the same ?

How do you cope with it ? I just want to go to sleep and never wake up .

The days are so hard to get through and the nights are hard too .

I've seen my GP and got offered antidepressants but I can't take them due to

side effects . Anyone got any advice ?I just want to feel some peace .

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda,

When did you have your surgery and how have you been feeling after? There are many people who feel this way after gallbladder surgery especially when you feel really sick. You are not alone.

• Posted

I understand because I am there too. I never thought I could be so sick in my life. It is so scary. I have most all meds intolerance as well as most food so I dread when the Dr. starts with the prescribing things. MY IBS keeps rejecting everything I try. Started using Carafate but the nausea and gas has been replaced with cramps, indigestion and gas plus worse pain as a side effect. Wish I could end this horrendous nightmare too.

• Posted

dont let your self get down,as already said,many of us wish we had our gb back,but i was in agony,they took all out, had no after check up,no meds prescribed, sent home next day, im 2 years now,getting there, i think, all i can say is take it easy, lots water, stay strong,you will get there, stay away from fatty foods, but you are not alone i can assure you,if you can, stay off the pills,;;;

• Posted

You arent alone. im almost 8 weeks post op and i have issues with depression and anxiety. i am also sick. bad nausea that no meds will touch. my GI doctor just put me on Carafate, ive been taking it since Wednesday night and its not touching the nausea. ive tried so many home remides too and nothing helps. my GI doctor says i need a MRI to see why my bile duct is still dilated but i cant afford it cause i have no insurance so monday my husband is gonna call around to see if we can get help. the nausea mostly hits during the day so i try to sleep. i cant even work right now. If this nausea would leave i can deal with everything else! i pray to God everyday that this nightmare will end for me.

all i can say is keep fighting. there has been days where i have cried for hours and begged my husband to end my suffering and he talked to me and we prayed and prayed. im sorry i dont have better advice. Maybe keep bothering your doctor.

• Posted

I had this nausea for nine months after i had my gallbladder removed, it took me into a depression that ive never experienced before. I cut out gluten and started supplementing with Collagen and also alkalizing minerals and I have my health and sanity back. Just felt like i needed to share what helped for me when i was feeling this way. Praying for health and healing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.