Depression after quitting my jobs

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past 3 months, I have held 2 jobs while being pregnant at the same time: I was severely nauseated / vomiting up until the last few days. On top of working so much, I was cleaning up the house after 8 other people I live with including my husband. The only other person who helps me clean is my mother-in-law.

I think I was doing way too much.  I ended up quitting my first job I have been with for 5 years because the two workers that always came in to close the store would come in 2 hours late. The supervisor didn’t bother trying to replace them and there was no disciplinary actions. So, I would have to wait 2 hours extra and the final straw was that the other supervisor removed 12 hours from my schedule in the computer. I was thinking of filing a lawsuit for unpaid wages but the issue is I don’t have the receipts for proof and I am not sure If they can recover my hours in the computer.

Anyways, after the incident I became very bitter and untrusting of people. I fell into a horrible depression and decided to quit my other job too. 

I was thinking of just working from home and taking care of my daughter but the depression has been so bad this week that I can barely get out of bed....

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Adrianne. What a run of bum luck and pregnant too. So how are the finances holding up? I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time but I think the depression is appropriate! Things arent going well! I think that I would be worried about you if you were tip toeing through the Tulips. Do you have to work right now or do you think that you do better emotionally when you are working. Please let us know how you are. This is a group of people that care and understand Diane
  • Posted

Thanks Diane for your reply

I would be able to go six months without working, so finances aren’t too bad. But I still need to keep busy so I feel sane.

My current dilemma is I don’t want a job working around people until I start trusting others again. On top of that, I have a hematoma from the pregnancy, so I can’t do any heavy lifting or I could face a miscarriage.  I have a history of 4 other miscarriages. So, my #1 priority is protecting the baby.  But, I am perfectly healthy- take vitamins, drink water and I’ve never done drugs before nor do I drink.. 

I realize I am very lucky to have my husband because he treats me well and works 2 jobs. He said he is willing to pay for everything and help out. 

I am just wondering, with all my medical issues and also not being able to trust others - should I wait to work again in a social setting until after the baby is born? Should I take this free time to go to a psychiatrist or get medication for depression?

I am just unsure what to do right now... I need to START either working or seeing a psychiatrist because I am 100% either of the two would help me.

When I’m unproductive with my life is when I feel the most low so I’d like to work from home for now. 

• Posted

Hi Adrianne. So glad to hear back from you.  Glad that your finances are stable right now and in view of the fact that you have had several miscarriages why not work from home...see psychiatrist now that you have time and work on issues and protect..,your body and keep protecting that precious baby?  What do you think? Keep us posted? Hey we could be internet aunts and unclessmile! Diane
  • Posted

Hey adrianne,

I am very sorry to hear what you are going through right now, you don't deserve it at all.

You seem like a super hardworker and the baby is going to be proud of his mommy. As much as this sounds wrong but quitting the jobs was a the right decision, your health and your baby are way more important than anything in life, take good care of yourself!

Seeing that you are blessed with a husband that can support you meanwhile, I highly suggest you spend the upcoming months visitng a therapist, you really need that. A job can be found later but focus on yourself now.

Keep us updated dear, we need to hear from you! =)

• Posted

Hi Adrianne - I don't blame you for being untrusting. And I can't believe there are 8 other persons in your house hold and only one is helping you out. You're not a slave. As for the lawsuit, these things are extremely stressful and the law is a fickle beast. Even the most obvious contravention of basic rights and dignity can be twisted around to blame the victim. It's a very stressful situation and as you say, the baby must come first. In the interim, I would make that doctors appointment and take it from there. Best of luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.