Depression and a 180

Posted , 2 users are following.

This week the AS is trying my patience.  90% of the time, I try and function with some degree of normalcy.  10% of the time, I want to SCREAM and then I deal with a bout of depression.  Usually last less than a day.  Mornings were the hardest in the beginning, now they're the best part of each day.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Mikester i have been injecting once a week since last march etanercept its improved my ailments by at least 50%
    • Posted

Thanks for responding Popeye. I have been on Humira since April.  Last week I was switched to etanercept.  First injection in 2 days.  I hope I achieve your results.  Am not a whiner my nature; have had quite a bit of upper back/chest/ribcage pain since last Sept.  It is persistent.  Haven't had much luck finding info in these discussions. Again, I appreciate your response.
    • Posted

Never a problem mikester wen u start on etanercept you may get a red ring around injection site dont worry all i do is take a hay fever tablet day before .on the day and day after first time i had a reaction it was on my leg must have been six inch in circumfrance but the tablets do work .lot better with the jabs i always inject in my gut(plenty of flesh there), its strange jabbing yourself only time it dint work as it should was october when cold and damp still better than a few years ago any problems or questions just ask mate n good luck ps give it time to work not over night cure or pain release but after a few weeks feels different
    • Posted

Roger that popeye, hope you hear back from me that I'm doing better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.