depression and anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

im really scared its been going on for 6/7 weeks ive been having headachs from the beginning, everything around me is different, got blurry vision, burning head pain, its like your going crazy rolleyes my brain is keep telling me your crazy and your going to be like that for the rest of you life and im acting like it iswell rolleyes its giving me panick attacks that i wont be the old me again. the doctors gave me citalopram im on it for 5 days and it seems like probably will get worse rolleyes , i lost interest in everything that i enjoyed and im feeling like im never gonna be the old me rolleyes can someone give me advice please rolleyes

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Can you list the symptoms from the beginning?  You say everything around you is different - can you explain further?  Was there anything that happened before this started, like using weed or anything else like that?  It sound like maybe depersonalization/derealization, but I hadn't heard of burning head pain with that. 

I was just reading about how diet can affect our gut flora which can affect us mentally. Had you eaten anything differently?

• Posted

nothing happend before this, it started with a headache and dizziness, dry mouth, weakness, tired but cant sleep. when the doctors told me that it may be depressioon amd anxiety i started to research about it and when i seen that it may have some serious effects i got trapped into a point where i think im crazy and that i wont get out of it. im trying to go out with my friends but i still have the thought in my mind and its driving me crazy.
    • Posted

the burning pain started when i started citalopram.
    • Posted

cit is a tough one to start, from what I've read on here.  It is true that you may be experiencing generalized anxiety, but there is much you can do to work on it without drugs.  Cit seems to have a long period of side effects before it starts helping.  I am constanting reading people here saying it could take a couple of months to start working so to push through the side effects.  Seems like a high price to pay when there are other meds with less severe side effects.

I'm going to PM you a link for something that helped me with the thoughts.

• Posted

citalopram can decrease your sexdrive iswell thats another thing im scared of. do you think i can handle this situation without cit? because im very dizzy and cant concentrate and its hard to think about something else sometimes i got situation when i just want to harm my self. i want to be the old me again sad
    • Posted

another thing is that i dont think that cit will help me with thoughts and get rid of these thoughts from my head.
    • Posted

Are you seeing a therapist/psychologist at all?  It's worth looking into those kinds of treatments first.  There are oodles of people on here who swear the drugs help, but they are not benign!  With time they actually cause your brain to remodel and then it is very hard to come off of them because of this.  The doctors won't tell you this or even discuss the difficulty of getting off.  And nothing comes for free; as you are already worried about the sexual side effects, no one ever mentions that about 80% of AD takers have this side effect!  I do, from being on the danged things for 20 years!  I tried to go off Effexor a year ago and was in a living hell, so that is why I encourage people to try non-drug alternatives first.  The drugs should be for when nothing else works, because they have their price and it is a big one that no one wants to look at.

Meditation.  There are tons of guided meditations online.  Meditation has been proven to reduce depression and anxiety.  It is about being in the present, emptying the mind.  

Look up "derealization depersonalizatoin forum" and visit there, to see what people are saying, to see if it sounds like what is going on for you.  

Also, look up eliminating gluten and milk products from the diet, that those changes can benefit the depression and anxiety.  Do you take probiotics?  How is your diet?   There are lots of things that can be done there to affect the mind.

2 g of fish oil per day is very good for mental health.  Also magnesium.  Take a chelated magnesium, at least 100% of the recommended daily allowance of elemental magnesium.  I take the glycinate version, no laxative effect.  I take 500 mg twice a day.  These are easy steps to take that aren't harmful.  Try eliminating caffeine if you use it.  Sugar, too.  I've read many people saying they are sensitive to these things.  What supplements do you take?

• Posted

does this mean im stuck with this for the rest of my life with the medication ?
    • Posted

Betsy could you please pm me the thing that help you with your thoughts

Thanks

• Posted

Hey Ladislav,

Well you are describing my symptoms almost identically, and the fact you are now taking citalopram is a good thing!!! First thing try and keep calm ignore the racing thoughts as your brain is out of balance and sending weird signals which is what happens I remember someone saying to me ‘avoid analysing every thought and trying to make sense of it’ for me that was good advice! 

The citalopram comes with side effects at first and they can take a while for some to level out I still get some side effects (tremors) however I feel great and normal and so will you ! You need to assist the medication by programming some good techniques in dealing with anxiety try googling some and see what works for you as not everything that works for one will work for others….. You need to remind yourself daily “this is a bump in the road of life’s journey” and “it will get better keep hope don’t lose faith I am not stuck like this forever” Heres to your recovery J

• Posted

thank you for your advice. are you still od medication ? im a bit worried about the sexualdrive, that i wont have orgasm and erection. im thinking of stopping citalopram and try to get rid of it naturally. i dont want to be on them for years anyway as im only 17.
    • Posted

Hey Ladislav, Yes I'm still on them the side effect that effects the sex drive is temporary although it takes a while for some people to orgasm they still do. I suggest you give them a go for 6 months or whatever your doc suggests he knows more than me, as the serotonin levels need to increase to aid your moods, once things normalise you could wean off as stopping suddenly will give you withdrawals some people need to stay on them for life however so too folks who have heart problems so it’s like for like really you should feel bad about having to take meds I bet if you asked people you knew there would be a few that have or are on medication. Soo pretty normal buddy! Take care. 
  • Posted

How are you doing today? I've been taking citalapram for 10 days and today has been quite a good day,I feel like the side effects are wearing off and am generally feeling more positive (nit my normal self) I've been spending a bit of time trying to relax by doing guided meditation and deep breathing so that is probably helping loads too. I've had a tough few months but now I can finally see a way forward. A few days ago I was miserable
    • Posted

Hi kerry sorry for a late reply. im not bad thanks and yourself ? its nice to hear that your getting to feel better smile today its my 11 day taking citalopram, i can say it is helping but i feel like my mind is empty that im still not the old me but ill give it time, as it can take up 4-8 weeks to see the full effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.