Depression and anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on mirtazapam for a 9 months and to honest all it’s done is cause severe joint pain headaches and lethargy . I was on 45mg and have dropped to 30mg for the last 3 weeks and feeling pretty ropy with digestive problems tinnitus and pons and needless. I have be told to drop to 15mg and once wondering whether anybody else is go through what all I can say is absolute misery. I really don’t no what to expect, my gp seems to think it’s easy! Any advice as I’m so fed up with the effect this drug had had I’m tempted to stop altogether and go cold turkey. I am also on 50 mg of pregabalin, was on 200mg and my gp didn’t tell me that was addictive . I don’t no whether it’s mirtazapam or pregabalin that’s making me feel so ba

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm sorry your having a bad time at the moment. I also take mirtazapine but I'm not to bad on it. I am curious about pregablin though as I'm suggesting going on it to my phychatrist as I'm having a really hard time with my Anxiety, does it help anxiety? X

• Posted

Leanne

I was given pregabalin for anxiety and pain. 

For me it did nothing apart from lots of side effects which I can’t tolerate and its been a difficult time withdrawing from it although again my gp said I shouldn’t have any problems. I’m sorry I’m not a good advocate for medication as they have caused me lots of problems. I was taking amytrip prior to pregabalin and doing well  and wished I had stayed on it. It worked for pain and anxiety in my case. I suppose some medication suits some people and not others.  I was put on diazapam for anxiety which worked for a while and then you Get tolerant to it and your in trouble trying to get off the stuff. Sorry I’m not much help but I would be interested in how you are . Chris 

• Posted

Bless you it sounds like you've had it rough... I was doing OK until recently, my depression was under control as I'm on mirtazapine and venlafaxine for it. My Anxiety was ok as I was using diazapam but since the doctors are trying to get me off diazapam I've had a dip. My Anxiety is bad again and I feel the depression coming back. I just wish they hadn't messed with my Meds because I was doing good. X

• Posted

Yes I am struggling a the moment. I’ve been on every ssri in the book and all of the other types of antidepressants without success. I got addicted to presciption diazepam and couldn’t get help coming off it and ended up in hospital. It’s been decided that to take me off everything !! which is causing me problems and see what the end product being me is going to be like at the end. I’m finding every day now a struggle with withdrawal from pregabalin and mirtazapam and then I hav zopiclone to deal with . It’s a lonely place sometimes but hav to keep positive and not give up 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.