Depression and Anxiety: what can help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been like this for as long as I can remember, I've never gotten help over it because I always feel like it's something I can handle myself. It's like I'm trying to find a cure or a reason that's not even existent. I get anxious for no reason, like I am now, which lead me to this forum to see if there's anything that can help. I also focus on past events and won't let them go. It feels like my brain does it on purpose to try make me feel awful and I know it's happening but I can't stop it, does anyone else feel like this? How can you overcome it? 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hey..im kind of similar to you..I over think and worry about the simplest things too much and I'm not sure whether its anxiety or not..similarly my mind keeps on bringing the bad embarrassing memories and I start feeling bad and hate myself

I dont know how to overcome it..I just take it and feel it sad as you said you cannot stop remembering it just flow on and on.but I try to tell myself its fine etc.

sorry if my reply is not that useful

• Posted

you are right about the learning to "Flow" part.  Rooper look up "learning to "flow" and see if that is something you could learn to do?
    • Posted

It's horrible isn't it? I could go on for ages about all the thoughts that go in my head and won't come out! It takes me ages to get over something, I just want to try and handle my thoughts and push them out, I think I'm starting to go crazy with it, why oh why

Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it

• Posted

it is :''( it really is..Im just like you :"( I over think everything..to others it seems simple and not worthy at all but it has huge impact on me & I'll keep suffering from it forever because I never forget! if I could get over it I will but I just cant help it :'(

dont mention it :"")

• Posted

You mentioned you get anxious and focus on the past events.  It is possibly the way your thinking about your past?  When we think of bad things that happen to us, this will make us relive the past, have feelings and thoughts from that moment.  It is truely our thinking of the past that makes us feel bad or good.  Try telling yourself that you no longer have to feel or think about the past, because you choose to live in the present.  Try to think of good things that are going on in your life now!?  If you feel you can not quite stop thinking of the past, consider talking to a counselor.  I wish you the best. 
    • Posted

I think about things from years ago and the more I try not to think about it the worse I do! It's like I can't let myself be happy either, it just gets ruined by something I think about. I'm also a really paranoid person, so I struggle in relationships, most of my family have mental health issues too, so I always feel guilty and I think witnessing it has left its mark. Just so many things going on on my tiny brain, maybe I just need to talk to someone. I have only my boyfriend and 1 friend who I can talk to because of never making friends (being too nervous) and he doesn't really understand about how I feel, just sucks sad
    • Posted

I feel you sad ..all I want is for someone to listen to me and tell me everything is going to be ok without getting the feeling that I bored them or they got fed up with me...my first post here actually got me feeling alittle better
    • Posted

It's nice to know you're not alone on here so I'm glad i've found it. It's horrible not being able to talk to anyone, being lonley is horrible anyway so it makes it worse. I hate when people don't listen, or if they do they don't understand and they say oh you're being stupid and then they make you feel even worse. sad
    • Posted

I understand how you feel.  I have few friends to,  I am cautious who I allow in my life.  I guess it is a mechanism we develop to keep ourselves from being hurt more by others.  I have found something that has proven to make ourselves feel better.  Voluteer somewhere.  There is always a need.  I get a good feeling helping others that are less fortunate then me.  It gives me a good feeling that I can help others.  I know that you may feel nervous, but guess what.  You won't be the only nervous person.  Some can hide it better than others.  Your not paranoid, your cautious of who you trust your deepest feelings with and that is a good thing. Focus on the good you do have.  You have a boyfriend who obviously love you for who you are.  That says a lot.  He is a good man in my book.  Try to see there are always 2 sides to things.  Try to look at the good.  Keep a diary of good things in your life, and good things that went good daily and focus on those! Good luck!
    • Posted

I know things that could make me happy but I can't motivate myself anymore, I'm just wasting my whole life away. I really would like to get help with it and just tell someone everything single thing on my mind without getting judged. Most of my family have mental illnesses and my Dad is the hero of the family, I know there's a weird connection with him and I love him more than anything but I can't talk to him about it because of how much stress he's in every single day, I don't want him to worry about me, I don't want to upset him. I just feel like I've let him down. 

I'm trying to get a new job - applying online and stuff but if I get an interview I won't go. I just get so nervous and it builds up everyday worse and worse and then I tell myself I'm not going and it just goes away. I take the easy steps out in everything I do and it's not a way to live! You have to take risks and go and actually live. I just feel like no one can help me, not even myself. I have no hobbies except drawing which isn't active at all. I have no friends and even if I did; I work, and my days off I just feel like doing nothing at all. I've gone so lazy and just lost everything. Ugh! sad

• Posted

The reality is everything can turn around. You can make friends, find hobbies..etc..so dont let any of that bother you. You need to probably get a bit of help with dealing with the depression (thoughts of the past) and anxiety (anticipating future events). Your goal is to rewire your brain. It can be done. You will need to manually self talk yourself calm and over ride any oresent thoughts or symptoms. Mental illness does run in families and its learned as well. That doesnt inhibit healing its just something that is. There is something called mirror work..look that up. You actually need to learn to comfort yourself and listen to yourself. Interestingly you noted you just wanted someone to listen you nd tell you everything will be okay. Pick uo a mirror and tell that person everything and then say everything will be okay. This is an internal battle my friend. If there was a happy pill wed all be on it. It is a way of thinking properly and breathing properly that will aid you in moving forward. You havent wasted anytime because the truth is you are exactly where you are suppose to be in time. No mistakes. Set before you are challenges and life lessons. Grab it and go. Begin today. The internet is packed with help. Packed with audiobooks. Mindfullness techniques are fantastic. Energy healing is soothing. Eating a clean diet is important. Read up on all of it. Cbt is useful , eft is useful..you have to find what works for you. I would also suggest working out daily for at least 30 minutes. Even if its blasting music and singing and dancing. Not to negative music that promotes hating yourself or the world haha. It will release chemicals that will uplift your body and your mind. You are not lazy you are exhausted from all this mental negative work you have been doing. You are basically brainwashing yourself you know.  Reverse it. Every negative thought you say something you are grateful for no matter how small. Look up mirror work.
    • Posted

Thank you for that reply! I've spoken to a few people and as simple as it is, I've realised I am the only one who can help myself. I'm going make an appointment, talk to someone and change the only life I'll ever have. I know it'll be hard, but it can't be harder than going through this all the time. I will look into those! Thank you, also not being very active and not learning anything (I don't study) hasn't helped me. I need an active hobby. Thanks for your advice smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.