Depression and cilift

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys. I've never taken any depression meds before. But have been going through alot the past few months with my brother being incarcerated and my boyfriend losing his job. Been in a black hole for months. Dr decided to give me cilift. On day 4 now. 10mg. Having quite hectic side effects, hoping it will pass within the next few days?? Resting yesterday and today. Need to go back to work tomorrow.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

Sorry to hear you’re not feeling good. 

What side effects are you experiencing? 

• Posted

Hi Sara

I had very bad diarrhea dry mouth nauseous feeling fuzzy and tired and anxiety but the good news is i can feel it getting a bit better every da. Today i feel fine only have a bit of jaw clenching and drove myself to work.

• Posted

Hi elaine - sorry to read you are suffering. Meds will take 3-6 weeks to work efficiently, so give them a chance. If there is no improvement or you feel worse over the next month, insist that your meds are changed. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to depression. There are multiple different meds available. hang in there and we are always here to talk. 
    • Posted

Thank you Wayne. I think it is starting to settle in a bit Im feeling an improvement think the first 5 - 7 days are the worst for the body and mind to adjust probably, which I was not aware of and it was very hard for me to deal with all the side effects as it is my first time ever taking a anti depressant. But it can only get better right?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.