Depression. And fatigue

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys

I am currently going through a real bad time.  I have trouble getting out of bed. Feel like my mind wants to but my body feels tired. In the evening I can exited about what I may be able to do tomorrow but not sure I’ll be able to.  

So in the morning I wake tired

And then I get angry as I close my eyes and want to do all these things. And seem like I can’t do em? My legs feel heavy. I do still manage to get about but I have to beat myself up

I do wake with anxiety at first then start thinking about how tired I am today

I hit my head with my fist as I get so frustrated. And all simple issues I find hard to deal with.  I’m not sure what I’m going through? But it’s not good

I need help. Gp is unsure?

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi. You're not alone I'm going through similar at the moment. Just want to stay in bed but can't sleep. Doctor has given me sleep tablets but they don't really work 😓 I've been on citalapram for 3 weeks now and it's starting to kick in and make me feel a bit better..maybe go back to your gp?

• Posted

Yeah sleeping pill don’t always work.  Took one last nice. Don’t always do as it’s adictive. It did help but you wake up worse and even more unmtivayed

I’m glad citalopram is helping you. smile.  Keep going 

• Posted

i started Lexapro 5mg for this reason I wait 3 weeks to see if I improve , have a lot of depression and anxiety esp in morning , gets worse in winter months . see how it goes in a few weeks, .I don't want to put on weight on it as I read on here that it causes weight gain

• Posted

Yes it might put on weight.  Let’s hope not in your case.  Well done for going the drug route.  Hope it sorts u out.  I’m worried about them too
  • Posted

I hardly get out of bed and can't sleep at night so I end up sleeping during the daytime. It's like I'm glued to my phone. I'm addicted to browsing the internet. Well both things are related. Chronic fatigue? Since you barely started maybe it's the depression causing the fatigue. Take Care🙏

• Posted

Hi Olpallix my name is Diane and I am so sorry that you are going through such a hard time. I know from experience how much anxiety and depression can take out of you and how it effects all areas of your life. Since your GP does not know what to do I would ask him/her to refer you to a counselor. You possibly need an antidepressant I have had great success with them. Will you please let us know how you are since it has been several hours since your wrote you?? Diane
    • Posted

Hi Diane.  Still feel awe full.  Thanks for support.  I need to take ad.  But worries I’ll get worse. sad

Thanks for your support. I’ll keep u posted

• Posted

I also feel like this for years , don't know why? I'm 49 now , and in perimenopause , also had a lot of stress all my life , can never relax fully, so I'm feel tired all time . taking it a bit easier now , and do things in my own time as much as I can. getting addicted to staying in bed too long on laptop in morning unless I have to get up. 

• Posted

Thanks Sharon.  Sorry you sufferer so long. Long do you force yourself? I do.  And then can’t stop?
  • Posted

But do you guy feel like it’s no energy in the morning. Or can’t be bothered depression type stuff.  Cause I get up and try. But feel drained? I’ll feel better in the evening luckily at least.  
  • Posted

I have been on Lexapro for a long long time and did not gain any weight. Everyone is different but I was more interested in getting rid of my symptoms than gaining weight. If I had and my depression got better I knew I could start back working out and walking😊. Diane

• Posted

Did your symptoms get better.  Did you feel like your body felt heavy?  

When I sit down for an hour I get up and sometimes feel much  heavier after and feel like I can’t get up.  And then my whole body aches?

How much lexapro u on?

Cheers

• Posted

Yes my symptoms got better but remember each person is different. Before lexapro I was on another antidepressant so I still had that in my system and the first worked very well for years before pooping out. Just don't give up work with your doctor. Have you seen a psychiatrist? I might try that since you are having such a hard time. Please let us know how you're doing. Diane

• Posted

Yesterday I really wanted to be at work and get on with things.  Was exited about it but was so tired I started tending up. And then could sit down again. So I don’t get it I didn’t feel depressed wanted to be there but felt aweful?  Only in evening after dinner I managed to relax.  

This morning I’m so tired my legs hurt.  Didn’t sleep well at all too so doesn’t really help either

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.