Depression and feeling trapped

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im not one for complaining as im very

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I hate complaining as I have a loving family and a very supportive husband, but I have been off work since Tuesday on pain meds Keral and oxynorm and Lyrica , the Karel prescribed by my GP are giving me terrible heart burn as I have hiatal hernia , they were to take down the swelling I have ( had fusion in December) needless to say I stopped taking them, I feel trappd in my own body as I used to be very physical, now bending stretching and any physical thing causes my back to swell, I know its early days (11 weeks )but im losing patience,, sex has become a problem as my back buldges out after it and my husband is afraid of hurting me,, just need to vent , I'm sure there is worst situations then mine but sometimes I wonder did I make the right decision having my surgery.
  • Posted

Not sure if you realized you haven't finished what you wanted to say?? But if your feeling anything like me today I'm just feeling so depressed I'm 28 days pro surgery and stuck indoors all day, which certainly isn't helping me feel any better, I went out for an hour last Saturday and came back with swollen ankles and fluid on my legs but then I knew it wasn't going to be easy.

Keep ya chin up and if things don't get any better get to the doctors and ask for anti depressants I don't want to take them but it's a case of having too I think

All the best

Kathy 😀

• Posted

Hi Katwitch, I'm sorry your feeling this way too, I think the initial idea of something been done for your back keeps you motivated at first, but after when the reality kicks in that your life is now very restricted it takes its toll, each day is different some days Im so happy I've had it done other days like today it drains the life from me not to mention feeling like a burden to my family, the meds play havoc with your emotions so I have to be.mindfull of that. Tomorrows a new day hopefully a bit better,,take care

• Posted

Caroline,was told yesterday I have 4 discs prolapsed no wonder the surgeon can't do anything. Please hang on in there its really early days yet. You have done thrpe right thing. Lyrics is an antidepressant how much do you take? I take 2 at night and 1 in the morning and lunch time. They are a family of drugs two of which are gabapentin and pregabalin. Some of these don't work for some people. When you see yr doc tell him and can you try one of the others . having said that I guess it will be temporary. Does lyrics make you feel thirsty, forgetful. I just think its so early after yr op.

There are other websites where you could people how they go on lyrics or look on the internet. When I was hoping for a fusion I was thinkibg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.