Depression and GS

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been so depressed lately to the point where it is getting on my wifes nerves. I know that I have had GS whole life. I have only started feeling like crap when just recently in my 30s . Mostly weakness and anxiety and depression. I thought that I had some type of cancer because I was losing weight and getting weaker day by day. My gp just wrote it off as anxiety. I am having a hard time getting out of bed in the mornings and i have to train for a half marathon coming up in Feb. no matter what people tell me I just fell like I have not much longer for this world. I just hope my GP didnt look over something because i am a healthy looking person.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Corey!

GS is a right pain in the proverbial! Not surprised pts get down with it though it in itself wont cause depression I dont think.

Keep on seeking medical help as best you can.

Good luck!

• Posted

Get tested for Vit D; jaundice is associated with low D levels and GS is pretty much a jaundice magnet. Though if this is the problem it takes months to notice an improvement when supplementing vit D.

• Posted

Thanks. GPs dont usually routinely test for vit d levels. (cost?)

I have taken vit d for years anyway because due to vitiligo I cant take the sun!

Whatever works for you is good so keep going!

• Posted

I echo the Vit D suggestion. I take between 8-10,000 iu of Vit d3 daily and have noticed a big improvement (actually came on here to tell my story but this threads as good a place as any!)

I tried every supplement going, ate healthy and drank 4 litres of water daily and nothing has helped me as much as Vit d3 has.

As said above though, it didnt happen overnight, I stuck at it for a good few weeks before noticing an improvement in my fatigue and weakness.

All the best and good luck.

• Posted

Well done! whatever works eh?

good luck to you too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.