Depression and my relationship

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I am having a bad episode of depression and anxiety at the moment and I started on Sertaline around 5 weeks ago. Since then I just feel numb and confused about everything. I have started to doubt my relationship and I don't know why or how to stop these thoughts. I feel like I am going crazy. I don't know if it is the depression, tablets or is the relationship just not working. Nothing has changed only how I feel and how I am behaving. The future I could see with my partner before I started these tablets is now just a big black cloud and I feel constantly scared that it is going to end or I will end it for the wrong reasons. Is this the tablets, please anyone can give me any advise I would appreciate it.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey Nicola. sorry u are going through a rough patch. I came off of Sertraline for similar reasons. My advice is to go bk to your doc and have an open conversation about how you're feeling. Some meds don't suit everyone. I've been on 2 that have made me worse. you're not alone. xx

• Posted

Don't take antidepressants! I have point blank refused, they are horrid tablets with horrendous side effects that are given out like smarties. Anything with ine at the end means something but unfortunately at the moment that escapes me. Doctors need to stop paying into the back pockets of pharmaceutical companies and start treating depression another way. Have you tried mindfulness, yoga, pilates, music etc? Good luck finding something else to replace that filth, sorry i am really anti antidepressants.

• Posted

Ine means of or pertaining to a chemical, in relation to medication

• Posted

I don't feel like I am in a good place to make the decision on if medication is the best option for me but I am considering coming off them as so sick of feeling this way...numb and confused.

Wish someone could just understand my head and tell me the best thing to do!!

• Posted

You could try a different antidepressant if you feel that is what you need.

• Posted

Before I lose everything!

• Posted

Sorry missed this bit, you won't lose everything, speaking on here makes you stronger than that, well done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.