Depression/Anger

Posted , 3 users are following.

My husband seems to be suffering terribly from depression and anger here lately, which is definitely out of character for him...he takes Lisinopril 20/HCTZ12.5 daily, and I'm curious if this medication could be the cause and root of his problem?! Not seeking medical advice, just curious if anyone else has or knows someone who has experienced same things. Thanks in advance!!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm really sorry to hear about your husband.  Have you checked the information insert (that comes with the pills) regarding side effects?  Or Google "side effects of Lisinopril"  When I did it "depression mood" was listed.  

Do some research and check with your doctor.  I will tell you that in my experience sometimes doctors don't know what all the side effects are.  I have had side effects from a low blood pressure med. and when I reported that I was having anxiety attacks it the doctor said it wasn't the medication and there must be something wrong with me. I had done my research and knew that what I was feeling was listed as a possible reaction.  I had to make him look it up and sure enough there it was.  So . . . get as much legitimate info as you can an bring it to your doctor.  

If he's never had depression or anger before and all of a sudden he's not his usual self . . . what has he been doing differently.  Everybody reacts differently to medication. It's always good to question the changes that you notice.

Good luck.  

P.S.  I now have a new doctor.

• Posted

Yes! Your so right. I have spent quiet some time now researching the side effects so that I could gather information for my husband's doctor, because as you said, she is going to blame something else and just want to prescribe him depression meds. He is looking into other options for doctors, but wants to see what she says with all this information about Lisinopril. Unfortunately, he's been on this med for just over a year and we are just now figuring things out. Hopefully before too much damage, but regretfully not before he feels so lost and depressed. But, with God's help and getting off this junk, hopefully he'll be back to my wonderfully laid back husband in no time. Thank you so much for your help and input, I really do appreciate you. And I pray God's healing and love around you.

• Posted

I .know and I appreciate those who have shared with me. I too pray faithfully. He has guided me . Happy Thanksgiving! I have prayed for you and your wonderful husband. My husband is stuck on this medication, but like me he now understands the medication that has damaged our health
    • Posted

Thank you so much Mrs. Cathy. I too will be keeping you and your husband in my prayers as well. Could your husband possibly try Garlic to help with his bp? I know many who use solely Garlic, and it really works. That's my husband's plan. We shall see. With GOD, nothing is impossible. God bless you both, and may you both have a Wii fearful Thanksgiving. Much love sent your way. 😊

• Posted

Thank you, garlic has been a big part of our diet for many decades now both in cooking and we have 2 garlic roasters. We love the stuff!. Thank you
  • Posted

Lisinopril is no innocent medication. I have had many challenges my self although different than your husband. These are the side effects I have learned of: headache, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, diarrhea, chronic cough, chest pain, low blood pressure, vomiting, upset stomach, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, rash, muscle fatigue, skin issues including weeping vesicles. These are just the ones I have uncovered. I suggest to check class action suit sites not for suing, but for honest information cause you won't get it on medical sites. I tell you what I have learned not to scare you, but to give you the help I didn't have. Most of these BP meds actually can damage our hearts and lead to heart attacks and congestive heart failure eventually, but that isn't something they all tout. Doctors know this.

• Posted

Thank you cathy35794, I really appreciate your honestly and help. Best of luck to you, and I pray God's love and protection over you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.