Depression&Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

hey guys,

so I'm a really bad way atm.. me and my bf broke up almost 2 weeks ago now over my mistakes then he said some really horrible stuff so he ended it... since then the first 2 or 3 days I was in bits over him and I couldnt stop crying and wanted to be with him and around him now I feel numb and nutthing like I think o so have some feelings way down in my heart but I feel emptiness and numb and just feel nutthing.. and really confused about go back with his because where I dont feeling anything atm but before the break up and the fight i loved him and had strong feelings for him.. it's like I wanna be near him but I dont wanna see him at the same time strange I know lol I have been weened off my old antidepressant to go onto a new one and its be the start of 4 weeks now so could it be the tablets making me numb?

I just wanna know if its depression and some anxiety aswell as the tablets and can depression make you feel nutthing and empty and numb!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi Lauren it might well be a bit of both hun best take it slow if he loves you he will come back and stand by you and help you through it take care xxxx mick

• Edited

I think it's best to withhold judgment when on a new medication. At such a time what you're feeling could be caused by simply switching medications. So if I were you I would wait until you've gotten more stable with the new med before drawing any conclusions about your break up. You will probably be going through some emotional changes due to the transition of meds and therefore your opinions and feelings at present might be unreliable until you stabilize. You could benefit I'm sure from discussing this situation with the prescribing doctor and ask his/her opinion about what's going on in your life.

• Posted

thank you hun!! I'm gunna get back with him because I think my depression is thinking and saying to much for me... and right now I feel so confused but still nutthing at the same time.. but deep down I know I have something there well I think I do it's way way down there covered up with a big black tar of depression lol i did speak to my mum and she said if u fell outta love with him you would be crying over him at all or thinking about him and this wouldnt be on ur mind as much! I think I'm listening to to much of my negactive thoughts and not help grow that love down there that has been covered up by the mist of it all!

• Edited

Sounds like a plan ! Best of luck with it. You seem like a very self-aware person who is in touch with the deepest parts of yourself and that's a rare thing. I believe you can trust yourself and your instincts and your ability to exercise discernment and intelligence with regards to your feelings and your situation. You've shown a fine ability to navigate life and I admire that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.