Depression / anxiety herbal remedies..?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok so I've now had sever reactions to 2 tablets citalopram and sertaline to the extent I got taken off the first caused major panick attack and the second left me severely dazed ill and unable to function both within a week of taking them so now I'm thinking maybe herbal just wondered if anyone has taken any or has any advice xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi shelly

i had reactions to all medications too! i find CBT therapy works even better... you could try calms as they are herbal, but i read they can cause similar side affects to your panics.Im sorry your feeling this way but you are not alone..My only thing would be to tell you its sooo hard to contain your anxiety and then the panics, if you can talk your mind into knowing that this is what it is and dont fight the panics when they happen, this may help! 

• Posted

Hi I had a serious allergic reaction to Sertraline and I had Citalopram a long time ago can't remember why it was stopped I am now trying my fourth one time will tell.  There are herbal things rescue remedy kalms and there is liquid which you put in bottle of water an sip as needed it is fo fear you can get it from a good health food shop may be worth a try good luck 
  • Posted

Hello Shelly

I write on this site quite often (as a fellow sufferer). I have much experience of anxiety/panic attacks over a long period of time.  My opinion is that you should try to persevere with meds until you find one that suits you.   There are many different types available.  Herbal remedies are helpful to some people, but I found that I spent a great deal of many on those, to no avail.  They usually take a long time to take effect (I am talking about prepared medicines by Herbalists.  They often taste vile as well).   So, have a think....see if there are any other replies on this site.

Good Luck.

• Posted

Hello Shelly

Sorry... typing error    should read "money"  not many.  OOps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.