Depression because being unwell

Posted , 3 users are following.

I suffer from depression have done for past 4 years. Only get really down never wanted to kill myself only wanted to take a small overdose because I get in sever pain and painkiller don't help. I have seen my gp and on medication after number of ones trying a lot I reacted to now I am on one that doesn't make me ill but it stopped working my doctor has increased the dose but doesn't help but now my depression is getting worse to the point I don't want to be here anymore I had enough of being in pain a lot and being in hospital a lot.

Any ideas how to get my depression under control find it hard to talk to people I know and professionals it took me 3 years to admit to my doctor how I was feeling

Thank you in advance

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Cara I do not know what your pain condition is, all I can say pain with depression make unpleasant bed fellows. You will be taking painkillers, depending on this type of mediations your contraindiations will supplement the AD, contraindications a mixture that makes me sudder.

I do not know where in the world you are from so all I can do is suggest a course of pain control this will help you control rhe medications you are taking.

Depending on your type of AD you will be feeling the effect of those if you have just started and  been on them for a couple of months,it takes that time to get used to the drug generally after a few months they may increase the AD dose to the maximum they feel you need.

All I can really advise at this time is Relaxation Techniques, there are three types Mindfulness, the Alexander Technique and the Maxwel Technique the first Mindfulness is the favourite at this time. Your GP should be able to arrange a Pain Clinic Course for you if your pain is Chronic and will not get better.

The relaxation course will help to control pain and Depression, I use a cross between the Alexander Technique and Maxwell Technique.and I am able to control breathing and palpitations caused by stress.

Talk to your GP again and ask to see a CPN and they will assist in coping skills if you cannot get into a Pain Clinic

All I can really say is you need help to take control of your two problems, sorry that is all I can suggest

• Posted

Thank you I am waiting to see pain team but waiting list is very long can be waiting over a year

I am on max dose of everything i can take painkillers and my anti depressants my painkillers are very strong but they don't help for over a year now same with my anti depressant they stopped working for half a year now my doctors my consaltant doesn't know what else to do to help i do a lot of things to keep my mind off it but nothing seems to work

Thank you for your comment I am hoping feeling this low goes away has done before but usally only get this low in hospital this time I am not in but in a lot of pain right now

• Posted

Have you tried a TENS MACHINE

I use one when my medications are not working. It does work in my case.

There are also other types of machines you could try I get mine from BODY CLOCK, they are on the internet

• Posted

Hi Cara!

Have you ever considered bibliotherapy?

It's reading based therapy basically using self help books to get better. It may help smile

• Posted

I read the nhs, Healthwatch and CCG reports and other references on the Gov websites. I also get their news letters and reports. That keeps me up to date with what is going on within various organisations.

Self health charities on broadband and NHS Choices site is a good source of information and intervention techniques

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.