Depression Diet

Posted , 2 users are following.

Was wondering if anyone here is on a specific diet or what foods people may use to help with depression.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

In general, I make sure I eat a balanced diet with not a whole lot of sugar where you'll experience more crashes, though sweets are ok once in a while. In comparison to a period where I ate a great deal of packaged noodles and other foods with little to no nutritional benefit, I felt awful. I also eat a lot of salmon, it's rich in Omega 3's! Message me any time, I'd be more than happy to share some recipes with you. 

• Posted

Thanks for the tips and I stay away from refined sugars and unhealthy fats. I'm not a big fish eater so do you know some good alternative omega-3 sources?

• Posted

Seeds and nuts, especially flaxseeds and walnuts. I add flaxseeds to my granola. Doctors have always recommended taking fish oil supplements, if that is something you are interested in taking. My brother and I both have depression/anxiety, it seems to make a difference
    • Posted

Thanks for the info and I eat almonds and walnuts daily but fish oil seems to not sit well with me but I've heard it does have positive effects on depression.

• Posted

I wonder if the burp-less option may sit better. Spinach and sea vegetables are great, too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.