Depression from medication

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys I have reason to believe I'm having depression from an antipsychotic medication called invega. My pharmasist friend told me that it decreases something called dopamine in your brain I'm wondering if getting on anti depressants could help reverse this or perhaps that just touches base on other issues other than what I have reason to be the cause (the invega). Also is it possible to ever feel happy without these medications or do I need something that potent (the antidepressants) to get back to normal? I have been having some neurological disorder like symptoms that I need to get seen for and I believe the invega medication is causing this. This scares me into thinking that adding more medication might make whatever this disorder is to become that much worse. Any advice guys?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

When Your was 18 I tried so many different Meds for Depression and Anxiety. Until I came across Paxil and Clonazapam. Everybody body is different to certain kinds of Medication. Being in your spot many of times, as long as it's not Severe Depression to the point we're you are a danger to yourself or others, don't just stop the Medication until you get on another type of Medication. Something else you can look into is the Swabbing Test, it will determine what you can take and what you can't take, which is a great help. Go with the ones you can take and with less side effects. Not every person stay on Psych Meds, it may just be for a few months or less. I also believe with Therapy sessions along with your Meds will help you get to we're you want to be in the long run. I wish you the best of luck and definitely, never give up. You will find the Med that will work for you. I'm here if you need to talk. Take care

• Posted

Cna you inform me a little bit more on this Swabbing Test, lisad? It sounds like it could be the answer to what I need to get done to change up medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.