depression help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I know the usual talk to someone things but I'm not good at talking to people. Very introverted, I can't get in to see my doctor until march but my depression meds just aren't working bf well anymore. The issue that has brought me here is my love for my best friend and how he runs all the sweet and touching things he's going to do for his new gf which I helped him get by me. All the sudden I just can't stop crying. I've never had this s problem which e on my meds before. I don't know he w to deaoith these emotions. How to I stop feeling now that my meds aren't working? It is starting to effect my performance at my job. Should I double up on meds? I don't know what to do.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dont' double up on your meds.  You say your appointment with your doc is in March, don't they have emergency appointments?  See if you can get an emergency appointment.  Maybe tell your best friend how your feeling and get him to back off a little about how great everything is for him.  Have you got other people you can talk to?  also have you eaten?  Make yourself eat something, even if it's just a few biscuits, try and have some protein, meat if you're a meat eater,  quorn chilli with kidney beans if veggie.  Hope you feel better sooncool
    • Posted

God this'll make me seem insane as I feel but no longer do t have anyone to talk to all my dreams are recurring dreams that just make me seem insane. Fiidle keeps disconnecting as I try and discribe what I am feeling over voice texting. If I tell people the only think I'm crazy and I'm left at the beginning. I've got scarred from dreams and people think I do it to myself
    • Posted

Hi Lilithrie, I sorry you feeling so low right now, it not nice but your in good company, a lot of us have been and often still are struck by the dark depression.

May I ask what you mean by scarred by your dreams? Mentaly or Physically? Also, do you have romantic feelings for your friend? Is that one of the reasons you're hurting? I've been there and thats awful, especially when your helping him buy stuff.

As titabeth says if you cannot get an appointment with your GP (as I often have trouble getting) ask for an emergency one. GP's legally have to keep a certain amount available for emergencies. Another option is to ask the receptionist to have a GP phone you. Many will happily do a phone consultaion, mine does for example.

Until then try to keep yout head above water, your not alone. Post on here as often as you like smile

• Posted

I still think you need an emergency appointment with your GP, s/he wont laugh at your or tell you your crazy.  They don't sound like very good friends if they say stuff like that.  Can you talk to your mum or dad?  Dreams can be very distressing and we don't actually have control over them, but there are techniques we can learn which can help us understand them or dismiss them as 'mind chatter'.  I think you are quite young? say early twenties or even teens?

I used to get a lot of dreams in my twenties and thirties, I'm in my fifties now.  I started writing them down and trying to understand them.  Medication is not the only thing we need to get better.  We need insight which can be gained by learning about our conditions.  CBT can help, finding people who won't laugh or tell us we're crazy and who will listen with kindness helps too.  Hang in there, you can get better.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.