Depression help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi over the last 4 months I have been feeling emotionally numb and depressed can't feel anything like happiness all my emotions and adrenaline have gone just seem to be in daze all day feeling down even when I have had good news etc can't feel excited (also have fibro and ptsd) but only this depression has happened over past 4 months if anyone has any medication suggestions or anything any tests would be appreciated thanks

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I experienced the same symptoms you described two years ago. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder and now take antidepressants that work very well for me. Please go to your doctor and tell him how you are feeling. Good luck and take care.
    • Posted

Phyllis11904 can i ask what you are taking and have your emotions if any came back ?
  • Posted

Sorry for your struggles.

Unfortunately, PTSD,fibro and depression are bedfellows.

Go to your nearest Dr or emergency department and ask for help.

They will not judge you, they will do their best to help you find yourself.

I have lived with major depressive disorder , anxiety disorder, and PTSD  for more than 15 years. Just recently (Aug 2017) was diagnosed with the autoimmune disease PMR. Each one is a challenge but I try to remember I am not alone and....it could be worse.

This forum is a great place to talk to people who understand your pain.

Wishing you better days ahead.

Keep smiling,hugs

• Posted

Hi brenda ye I have had ptsd for 4 year with panic attacks sometimes but was never depressed then about 18 months later developed pain all over and feels like I'm allergic and sensitive to lot of things but I could get excited and always happy easy then I was put on mirtazipine then my hair started coming out with burning sensation and I stopped because it was depressing me losing my hair then when I stopped lost about 10kg within 4 weeks made me feel horrible but that was 2 years ago now for last 4 months it just hit me one day started feeling totally numb on day with no feelings really weird depressed all the time I get little bursts of adrenaline happy but that's it my gp said after my visit with the phsyciatrist anti depressants should be started

• Posted

I was on citalophram in the beginning, It worked well for years and then my body adapted to the drug and it stopped working for me.

I had to wean off- horrid process- and then start onto effexor. I was taking 37.5 mg a day and it worked well.

During that time I worked with the shrink and CBT.  In the end I wanted to get off the Effexor and went to an Ayurvedic practitioner who said he could get me off the drugs and onto herbal supplements. So far it has worked for me,but if there is one thing I have learned, it is to accept that the black dog will always live in my neighbourhood but I don't have to open the door and let him in !

Anyway, all that blather is just to say that sometimes you have to try a number of different things over time to find the solution that works for you.

Wishing you all the best, and keep moving forward ! Hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.